turbo rebuild

Guest powers

Guest powers

When I did a search on the forum there hasn't really been more than two choices offered for this service. I recently broke my impeller shaft in two on my passat. The turbo is out and I have another one on the way.

I would like to see if it is a good idea to bebuild mine and keep as a spare or even upgrade it. Or if it is not worth the cost of building. For all I know it is past the point of rebuilding. If you have used a shop for this service please list the company, where I might find them as well as what you had done and your final bill.

Thanks In advance

Forced Performance rebuilt/upgraded my turbo. Very good price, very good quality. Doesn't look like they do very much VW business but might be worth a call. I have also heard good things about M.I.C. Turbo in Miami. Some of my friends have gone through them and they are very willing to work with the customer on specific needs.

As far as whether to upgrade or not...that answer is always yes. ;)

CJ

Guest fastdriver
If i were you I would Just Purchase a KKK 04 and bolt it on it should fit i believe best place to check is clubb5.com or vwvortex.com But the K03 is a really weak turbo i would not waste the money rebuilding it. Its nice because its low Lag but it can only push like 200cfm i think

Originally posted by Cruisin VW:

If i were you I would Just Purchase a KKK 04 and bolt it on it should fit i believe best place to check is clubb5.com or vwvortex.com But the K03 is a really weak turbo i would not waste the money rebuilding it. Its nice because its low Lag but it can only push like 200cfm i think

i'm gonna have to agree on that note....unless you wanna go bigger in which case you could. But the triplek04 would do you nicely.

Kyle g.

For the price you can pick up a used k03 for you should just skip the rebuild. You can get a nice k03 sport for ~350 and I have 2 normal k03s for 100 each but they have high miles and I can't vouch for how long they might last. Just drop the money on a manifold adapter plate and a nice t3. ;)

-jeff

Guest powers

i found a k03 on ebay with 30k mile aprox on it for $120. It came today and is in great shape. I would buy a larger unit but i don't think that it would be another kkk. I would go for a T3/T4 or a GT25. Thanks for the input though.

I have a trash k03 for sale.

no offer over $1 refused :D

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

i found a k03 on ebay with 30k mile aprox on it for $120. It came today and is in great shape. I would buy a larger unit but i don't think that it would be another kkk. I would go for a T3/T4 or a GT25. Thanks for the input though.

I have a trash k03 for sale.

no offer over $1 refused :D

Dibs :D

make a good wall hanging