headers on a '90 iroc

Guest Silvrbmw1

Guest Silvrbmw1
so my buddy wants me to put headers on his iroc for him. heres the thing, he said something about modifying (sp?) something w/ the air conditioning?! also, what about all of the o2 sensors that are attached to the manifold. that may not be what they are, i'm just assuming. i had headers on my 93 z, but they were on it when i bought it. simple stuff i know, but i wanna make sure i know exactly what i'm doing before i get into something.

He wants to remove the AC? The O2 Sensors bolt into the bottom of headers I believe.. What kind of headers is he getting? They really aren't hard to do at all. The toughest part is getting the rusted manifolds out. Just make sure you soak the bolts in WD-40 for a while.. And you will most likely have to get the Ypipe welded back up to the rest of the exhaust..

Guest Silvrbmw1
i dunno which headers he has, but i know theres no spots/holes for the sensors. the ac stays, i take that back. i thought that you needed to relocate something but maybe not. um what about all the remaining parts and stuff. like for the o2 stuff. i have notta clue.

if you don't have headers with 02 holes they are probably the wrong ones it takes a special shape header to fit right install difficulty is harder than an LS1 car but easier than an LT1 car you can buy a bolt on Y pipe fo rthat application to makes the install easier.

Guest Silvrbmw1
i'll be honest, i don't recall having any of that stuff on my LT1. it had edelbrocks, i had no cat, no sensor's anywhere that i could find. i will have to check to see if he has anything on his y pipe, and which brands he purchased.