import tunning

Guest delsoldier23

Guest delsoldier23
hey i am just getting into cars and dont know where to start on engine mods can some 1 help me out here. this site looks like its more of a domestic cars, but any help wouldbe great. (domestics are tight, i just cant afford 1) i have a 93 honda del sol si auto. i want a manual tranny and a faster engine. thanks

Sspray the living fuuuuuuuck outa it smile.gif , dont spend like 200 bucks on a cool air, get somthin cheep they wll work the same, exaust, headers, always could do a supercharger or turbo, ummmmm high flow cat or cat bypass, cams, advance timing piggy back chips(dont use with any force fed induction) short shifter, personaly i would spray it gives decent gains, id recomend a 75 shot, and dont gimme that i dont want my car to blow up shit smile.gif

IMO, sell the car, and buy something that is a better base for modding. You could probably sell it and pick up an AWD 1G DSM for the same money. Do you really want to be another Honda guy slowing down the lanes at the track running a blistering 16-22 second 1/4 mile??

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

IMO, sell the car, and buy something that is a better base for modding. You could probably sell it and pick up an AWD 1G DSM for the same money. Do you really want to be another Honda guy slowing down the lanes at the track running a blistering 16-22 second 1/4 mile??

graemlins/thumb.gif

If It were 5 speed Id say turbo it. the greddy kit works well and is fairly inexpensive. But with the trouble of converting from auto to manual on a car that wont be THAT fast, you are best to mod a different car. Even if you insist on a del-sol, sell yours and buy a 5 speed. Auto-manual swaps are about retarded. In all actuality you could buy a car with a lot more potential for what you could sell the del sol for. Fox mustang, 3rd gen or early 4th gen f-body, rx-7 T2,mk3 supra, dsm, etc.

Joel

Originally posted by BennyBoy:

Sspray the living fuuuuuuuck outa it smile.gif , dont spend like 200 bucks on a cool air, get somthin cheep they wll work the same, exaust, headers, always could do a supercharger or turbo, ummmmm high flow cat or cat bypass, cams, advance timing piggy back chips(dont use with any force fed induction) short shifter, personaly i would spray it gives decent gains, id recomend a 75 shot, and dont gimme that i dont want my car to blow up shit smile.gif

75 shot on a d- series ....HAAAAAAAA AHAAAAHAHAHA BWHWAHAHAA!!!!!!

+1-2-or three what ever

SELL IT BUY A 5 SPEED

take this from a owner of a 1991 accord auto they great for going to work but if you want to go fast sell it. Plus as some has said on here nothing says I will never be fast like buying a Honda graemlins/burnout.gif

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

But then he would be just another DSM guy slowing down the lanes by blistering his car all over the track.

Originally posted by Buck531:

aren't Imports genneraly MORE expensive than a domestic? :confused: . You can buy an '90 Honda accord for what.. $5-7k? You could probably get a LT-1 F-body for that much.. if not cheaper.

90 accord for 5k, I must be sitting on gold then.

Originally posted by Orion JR:

I found it rather retarded too.

I was looking for a cheap "honda beater".

I found something else here is why:

1991 Honda Accord Sedan

Price: $5990

Color: White

Miles: 113387

Distance: 159 Miles

VIN: 1HGCB7653MA141715

Green's Toyota City Of Lexington

I have 117 on mine, payed 6k for it when it had 60k on it and was like new.

$1000 bucks more? B-series around $2000, H-series $2500. Both can be had for less. As for motor mounts, you make them so the motor sets where you want it, unlike hasport mounts, which don't put the motor where it needs to be all the time. Hmm I spent a whopping $50 making mine tongue.gif . There is just as much aftermarket support for H22's as any B-series (go do some research). It may be 40hp, but it's 50lbs of torque. And not that I really cared what people thought of my car, but more people would look at my crx and go graemlins/eek2.gif because of what motor was in it, compared to another honda that ran 10's sitting side by side. It just made me feel that any amount of money I spent on the car made it worth it.