need a dsm guru please :)

RedLudeSH

OK here's the deal I have a friend with a 96 Talon TSI fwd. He's basically giving me a blank canvas and any fundage I need to make it fast. I know some about DSM's but if anyone who actually owns one is willing to help me out here and there it'd be much appreciated. I'd also need help soon installing boost gauge and controller. He'd pay obviously.

Ordering today.

Greddy Evo exhaust 3.1"

Hallman knob style in cabin boost controller

dbrode upper IC piping with a flange for 1G BOV

1G BOV

Boost gauge and triple pod from lo-tek eng.

Apex N1 downpipe

weapon R adaptor style intake

--------------------------------------------------

does this sound like a good start for him??? Thank You anyone who can help smile.gif

supra side mount IC. Best bang for buck and the UICP (and probably the LICP) should fit. With the boost increase (hallman BC), the IC would make a huge difference.

I know it did on my car. Went from 14.6-14.8@97-99mph to 14.0-14.1@99-101mph.

If you decide to ditch the t25, I wouldnt go with anything smaller than a 20G.

chris if you need some help, you can come over and i can help put most of that stuff on his car ( and he dosent have to pay me, just feed me) and its and auto right? dont mess around, just upgrade from that 13b, oh i got lots of new tools to :D .

Nope, Kevin doesnt wanna mess around either, all this stuff is in preperation for a 16G, i'd say a 20G but i dont see his tires gripping or the auto handling it. I'll definately take you up on that install help thou. The only thing i dont wanna touch are the controller and the gauge but im sure theyre easy with a write up.

Originally posted by RedLudeSH:

Nope, Kevin doesnt wanna mess around either, all this stuff is in preperation for a 16G, i'd say a 20G but i dont see his tires gripping or the auto handling it. I'll definately take you up on that install help thou. The only thing i dont wanna touch are the controller and the gauge but im sure theyre easy with a write up.

i can do gauges, the controller would be a first, but i can read directions as good as the next guy and i have a sodering gun.

You think a 16g is going to grip better than a 20g??

Faster spool = less grip. ;)

Also you need a clutch if youre manual... that kid aluded to a 13g which would mean auto, but I assume he was just guessing.

If youre going to go 16, a supra smic will be plenty, but like I said... he wont be happy with a 16g. There is a columbusdsmr with the exact set up + 16g and 550s, he runs mid 13s. If thats all he's looking for than go for it.

You also need an EGT gauge, and a data logger. DSMs are all about tuning. AND, you wont get far with out some porting of your stock gear... exhaust mani 02 housing dot dot dot.

Besides that, a fuel pump and SAFC are manditory to play this game. DSMLink can consolidate the datalogger and SAFC into a cost effective engine management unit if youve got the scrill.

Plan on spending at LEAST 2x what you do in mods to repair what you break and to replace the crankwalked block with a 1g.

The end.