Problem

BigDawg

I have a question for you guys. When my car shifts out of first the tires always seem to cherp, and it happens all the time. And I was wondering if any of u would know what that problem might be? :confused:

Originally posted by 350 Rocket:

Well it is does shit hard out of 2 also but the problem is, is that my car is an automatic. if that helps

Yeah, that helps. Still sounds like a shift kit. If that is the only problem you're having, I wouldnt sweat it. Now if you notice somem slippage, or not upshift/downshifting like it is supposed to, then I'd be worried.

You can buy a shift kit for almost any automatic transmission... Basically all it does is add greater hydraulic pressure within the valve body.

This makes the transmission shift harder, instead of slipping into the gears. this is supposed to add to the life of the transmission since its not eating away at the lining as much for each shift.

GL

Guest 1bad66duece
Originally posted by 350 Rocket:

Well it is does shit hard out of 2 also but the problem is, is that my car is an automatic. if that helps

does it shift when it should or is it a late shift?if it shifts hard and late the vacuum hose may be off the modulator valve,bring it to my shop i will check it out for free,may be something simple now that could lead to a big problem later,my trans shop number is 614-679 4721,9am to 6 pm.

Originally posted by blupastu TSi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 350 Rocket:

It shits hard? :D </font>In that case, just drink a 12 pack of Budweiser and you'll be set the next day smile.gif:D;)