Engine Swap

Guest nixon

Guest nixon
If you have a honda crx and swap its engine with a integra gsr vtec would it be as fast as the integra with it or faster since how small it is?

Guest nevarmore

yes. if you put a more powerful engine into a lighter car it will go faster than a heavier car with the same engine.

although there can be some variables, mostly in the transmission gearing and differential gear ratios.

But if you swap a GSR engine into a CRX you're going to have to use the GSR tranny, because 1) the GSR engine and the CRX engine are 2 different series engine. 2) You are going from a cable tranny set up to a hydro tranny. So you are going to have to get a cable to hydro tranny conversion kit also. And like Nevarmore said a lighter car with the same engine = a quicker car.

[ 10 May 2002, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Check out my flux-capacitor ]

You have to get a B-Series motor mount kit to make it fit. The best kit out there is made by HaSport, and is about $350. The easiest thing to do if you insist on a B-series motor is get a B16A1 swap from the 88-91 Japanese SiR's. It has a cable tranny, so you won't need the tranny conversion kit. You will still need the motor mount kit, and you will have to rewire your current engine harness to fit to the motor. You will also either need to get a reprogrammed ECU from ZDYNE (I recommend the one wire conversion) to run the motor (your current ECU will not have the correct ignition and fuel maps, nor will it operate VTEC), or get an RPM activated switch to run VTEC and get a CRX Si ECU. I definitely recommend the first option though, the second one is a hack jpb at best. You will also need to get custom axles (I can get you the name of a place that sells them). I THINK (but I am not 100% on this) you will also need CRX Si Hubs/steering knuckle/upper control arm. You are looking at about $2200 and up to do this correctly, not including labour. Let me know if you have any other quesions. Later.