Idle speed dropping drastically.....and it stalled a couple times

Turbo Ben

The other day I was sitting at a light and my car stalled. I've noticed the idle speed drops sometimes, but never paid any attention to it since the car always ran fine. But the other day it droppped to about 200rpm and then stalled. It wouldn't start back up right away but then it did after a few about a minute. Any ideas?????

Now it's not doing it, could it have been bad gas? because then I was almost on empty and after i filled it up today and drove it a while the RPMs would drop but only like 100rpm or so, but ir hasn't stalled since.

It could have been you were almost out of gas, and if you were on any sort of incline the gas was being shifted away from the fuel pick up, hence no gas for the engine and then the stalling and no start.

Guest FixHondas
Could be something as simple as a change in the weather or a lazy/inaccurate sensor acting up. I wouldn't worry about it unless it occurs more.

The car has been running better since that day, I've even raced it and ran at 120mph down 270 trying to catch up with Ricky (Slow4now) :eek: Yes, it does get up to that fast.....does it go faster? I dunno yet I had to slow down after I hit 120.

Guest FixHondas
If you want to go over 120 try switching over to MPFI from the Si. Be prepared to replace or lubricate speedo cables if you plan on driving that fast- you usually end up with a bouncing speedo from the cable/liner and lube wearing out