Problem With My Ford Probe

Wease

A few months ago when we had some fresh snow on the ground, Dani missed a right turn and hit a curb with the car. She wasn't going too fast, but she did bend the rim and throw the alignment out of whack. I got a new rim, the alignment fixed, but then there was a nasty vibration in the front from about 55 MPH up through 80 MPH. At that 80, it would all go away. No problem, I used to sell and mount tires at Sam's Club, sounds like they need balancing. The tires needed replacing anyway, so I had Firestone put on 4 new tires yesterday.

Now driving to work today, the vibration is gone and it rides pretty smooth. However, there is still this noise I can hear coming from the right front part of the car. It was there before, but there was so much other noise and vibration going on, I really couldn't pinpoint one noise from another. I can hear it at all speeds, kind of like something is rubbing. I know it's hard to explain the sound here, but I know it's not the brakes. Anyone have any idea what it might be, what may still be screwed up under there? :confused:

Originally posted by blupastu TSi:

maybe the brakes splash shield scratching on the rotor or drum?

Yeah, good call. Time to pull that wheel off and look at it. Thanks. smile.gif

Anybody else? :confused: