N20 on High Compression 383??

UNV MI Z

To start off, I don't post on here much, but I read the board all the time. I can't say that I have met very many of you yet. I am usually working most of the time when you guys meet up, plus my car has been down for a while. Anyways, I have a 95 Z28 M6. I am in the process of building a 383. My question is, how much nitrous can I safely use on this motor?? Specs: Forged crank, 6.0" rods, SRP pistons, CNC heads, pretty big cam, Spec stage III clutch, aftermarket rear (soon), the works. Everything on this motor is being done right. I have an NX kit that I want to put on the car, but I am a little hesitant. Don't know how much the motor can handle safely. Compression ratio is around 12.0/1. So I am looking for opinions and advice hear. All help is greatly appreciated. If you need to know any other specs on the motor just let me know. I don't really know too much about nitrous, so I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks...

Guest 10secondMouse
First, you need to ask yourself how much nitrous you want to use, If you are going to use it alot, stay with a small shot (125hp and under), If you are going to go higher say 150 to 250 you need to use a good plasma moly piston ring with about .024 to .028 thousandths ring gap for the top ring. Remember you will also need a timing computer to retard the timing when the nitrous is used, about 2 degrees per 50 hp is a safe margin.Another thing, you will need to use a colder spark plug for 150hp and above, and close the plug gap to about 30 thou. And... never use a platinum spark plug with nitrous or else you will have pistons with windows in them. Good Luck and go fast :D

Guest LONGDICKDONG
Hello, It sounds like you have a good bottom end and should be fine. You need to make sure youre fuel system will handle the total amount of power that your engine will make with nos. Your parts will be fine. You will need good fuel such as VP C-14 or better. DO NOT run cam 2 or turbo blue if you plan on turning the nos up you will need better fuel. You don't want to run a programer that will advance the timing. hope this helps

Since you have a carb youll have to use a plate. They have some that can go up to 600 hp. Your bottom end is fine and I think that if you are worried about spark then I would add another set of plugs. Then you will want another fuel pump for more power. Good Luck.

Originally posted by Jelloman457:

Since you have a carb youll have to use a plate. They have some that can go up to 600 hp. Your bottom end is fine and I think that if you are worried about spark then I would add another set of plugs. Then you will want another fuel pump for more power. Good Luck.

Umm last I checed a 95 Z was FI not carbed. ;)

I saw nowhere in his post that he was putting a carb on it.