VR6 jetta

Guest audiboy2

Guest audiboy2
i just got a 99 vw jetta VR6 5 speed. Does anyone know if this engine is any good and what up grades i can do on it. i also he a 97 audi a4 for parts and an 83 audi for sell for $550 that would make a good winter car.

Is it the mk3 or mk4 body style? They switched mid year so you never can tell. If you don't want to spend cash don't bother modding it. 3 ways to go.

All motor :

p&p head (cch and nothing else) 2500

big cams (schrick 268's) 800

exhaust 400

Could put you near 180-190whp on a good day.

Supercharged :

VF Supercharger kit : 3500

Clutch and pressure plate : 400

Quafie or Peloquin Diff : 800

Stage one nets around 230-240whp on a good day.

Turbo :

Setup pieced together from atp will run you about

5000 software from c2 motorsports and a new maf another 500 NEED the diff and the clutch. Shown to put down 260whp @ ~8psi The sky is the limit here though it just depends on what you want to spend. Setups easily range from 250-600+ in the turbo arena.

All of these options are more or less available for the mk3 and mk4 but realize the mk4 has a plastic variable intake manifold which isn't high boost turbo friendly and the ecu and car wiring its self is much more complicated than a mk3.

Good luck if you decide to mod it and if you have any questions let me know. smile.gif