wanted 95 thunderbird auto transmission

jamesn69camaro

must be from a 94 or 95 thunderbird or cougar auto matic transmision i know of where i can get them for 350$ lol but id like to find it for less and u wrench it has them for 50$ hasnt had one for weeks ive been looking there off and on any of u on here have one siting around:)

i was told only 94 and 95 would fit the 95... is that not true ? yea hteres t birds at u wrench it but none v-8 and those years.... and how hard would it be to put a 5 speed in it ? ive only done it on old school cars im afraid of modding newer cars lol damn ecm controlls everythign

Originally posted by jamesn69camaro:

i was told only 94 and 95 would fit the 95... is that not true ?

no its not true. ;) Nick and I have been neck deep in these cars for years. ;) Your car has whats called a 4R70W transmission used in cougars, Tbirds, mark 8s, and crown vics.

Look for Mark 8 transmissions, they're better then the birds. 94-95 are the worst years for the 4R70W.

When mine went out, I dropped $2000 on a race built tranny, best money I've ever spent. I'll sell it to you for $4000, comes with a 96 Tbird attatched to it. ;)

Originally posted by jamesn69camaro:

and do u know anyone with a turbo for sale that would fit my 4.6? hehe

That's a project I set out to complete a long time ago. It can be done, but its ALOT of work. I ended up selling everything off and keeping hte car as a quick daily driver.