TRUE2FORM

Guest Brokenn2x

Huh? Specifically which True2Form was this?

I know that Jeff is a manager at one of the local True2Forms, and there are plenty of people here who have had excellent work done by them, myself included.

So are you trying to imply that True2Form was the one who did the damage to your car? Maybe if you could provide a few more details this would make a little more sense.

Guest Brokenn2x

Tank told me to go there because Jeff worked there, as opposed to Mowerys because thats where I was originaly going to go. I went to the one on Dublin Rd. in Grandview. I havent seen any of their work yet, I havent gotten the car back, but when I went into see the additional damage that was done, nothing had been fixed from the first break in, after he told me on the phone last week that everything was fixed and they were waiting on a dash. (store manager) has lied to me from the start. When I first took the car in, he told me that he'd have the window in stalled the next day and I could drive it untill the rest of the parts came in. He never called me, so I gave him a call....he never returned one phone call on the whole issue. I didnt even receive a call when it was broken into. Its a cavalier..come on...there were alot of nice cars in that garage, that "were left untouched"...there was no reason for them to even be in the trunk....

[ 11. March 2004, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Brokenn2x ]

Since you signed up here strictly to post about your experience i assume youre pretty upset and possibly rightly so. Why Jerry never called you to update you i have no idea. As to the specifics of why things took so long i also have no idea. I have no more to do with that shop now than i do Mowrys if you had taken it there. Ill find out what happened and post the shops side.

That being said, id like to just state the obvious for a second. Every single body tech and every single paint tech and every manager or estimator at True2form is a separate individual at a different skill level. One experience (either very good or very bad) really has no reflection on what the next will be unless you go back to the same PEOPLE (not shop or location). The difference from shop to shop is how problems get handled if/when they occur.

For anyone that didnt get completely 110% satisfied after you had any sort of problem with the repairs you definetly didnt try very hard....

Ok, heres the breakdown:

The car was dropped off 2/23 with an estimate from Farmers Insurance. Estimate was written for a new quarter glass and LKQ (used) dash among other things. Dash was ordered 2/24 and glass company installed quarter glass on 2/25. Jerry says he made it very clear that you could pick up the car and drive it from 2/25 on since the glass was back in it and the used dash would be a few days. LKQ dash ended up not being available in the correct color so the insurance company had to be contacted to get approval for a NEW oem dash. Three days later approval was granted and new part was ordered. New dash arrived damaged on 3/5 and was reorderd. The second new dash just arrived yesterday so obviously the car isnt done yet.

As far as the break-in at the shop, the lock was popped and there is body damage that does need repaired/painted. The tech working on the car is like 55 and the last thing in the world he has the interest/energy to do is break in your car. The only other tech in that building is my brother and he doesnt even own a cd so trust me when i say it wasnt him. Jerry says since the car was in for break-in damage for the stereo getting stolen he wasnt even aware there was anything left in it to take or it would have been kept inside. In the two years i was at that store we had one other break-in in the parking lot so its not unheard of but by no means is it a weekly event.

The entire job was around $900 total. Jerry said hes already told you hes going to cover the damage to the vehicle and the stolen stereo equipment at a value around $800. I dont think thats very unfair at all. Its basically costing the shop over $500 to work on your car. The lot is not fenced or secured and technically the shop doesnt have to pay for any of the damages at all. True2form is no more responsible than Mcdonalds would be if it happened in their parking lot.

Oh, and as far as never calling you, the file is in your grandmothers name and the contact phone #s are hers. Jerry has called her multiple times to update her on the parts issues and so forth.

Now we have the rest of the story....

Guest Brokenn2x
No one ever once called to tell us anything about my car. And it doesnt matter that it was in my grandmothers name...I live with her..so the numbers are the same...I had to call on Tuesday to find out that it was broken into. Everything you've said is what i was told.. up to that point. He is replacing it, the whole post was about the break in. There is no excuse for it. If he didn't know that there was any thing in my trunk, than how or why did any one else? And it really doesnt matter either way..my car will never be up there again. and...yeh...lol the whole reason I got on here..was to bitch..once I get my car back..i'll never write any thing on here again..lol

Originally posted by Brokenn2x:

the whole post was about the break in. There is no excuse for it. If he didn't know that there was any thing in my trunk, than how or why did any one else?

Whos fault is it that the radio got stolen in the first place?

And yes you are correct, right now there is a 60 yr old man out pimping your stereo equipment as we speak :rolleyes:

Guest powers

as i read this thread I am picturing a purple "cavi" with white fuzzy dice, aftermarket wheel covers, and a princess bumper sticker on the back. Cheap "limo" tint on the windows with the big bubble in the middle.

Telling her story " bout that one time they stole my system and shit up out my car yo at da body shop while i be sitin at home wif my grama waiten buy the phone like that dude at da body shop said to do but never called and shit. it's dey fault my shit looks like i would have a shitty $5 system in it like them little getto rat fools like to be stealin."

This is just what I picture any way :rolleyes:

It is extremely common for cars to be broken into while parked in repair facility lots. Often times the theives will make recon runs through Dealership/Repair Shop/Autobody back lots and return late at night knowing the cars will still be there, with little to no security other than a 8 foot high fence.

It is the consumer's responsibility to remove any and all items of value from the vehicle, and then you actually sign off giving the facility no culpable responsibility for items left in, or stolen from, your car. If you've ever taken the time to read the service order, or key drop form, you'd know that.

Mike

Id throw my 2 cents as in as an OPINION (since all ive done thus far is state the shops side of the FACTS) but it would probably just get completely deleted like my last post here so ill let it go.

All i will say is that it is one thing to critique a shops work and say they did this wrong or that wrong. Its completely another to ASSume they are directly responsible for things stolen from your vehicle. Your car gets broken into 5 times in the past x number of months and this time it MUST be the shops fault? :rolleyes: Just like im sure you know who took things each of the last 4 times too graemlins/nonono.gif

Critique the work that is done all you want. Posting here bashing the shop for VOLUNTARILY paying for damages they didnt do and for parts they didnt take and then having the nerve to complain about time delays is a bit much IMO.

[ 12. March 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Whitesnail ]

Guest ImprezaWRX
Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

as i read this thread I am picturing a purple "cavi" with white fuzzy dice, aftermarket wheel covers, and a princess bumper sticker on the back. Cheap "limo" tint on the windows with the big bubble in the middle.

Almost exactly what I was thinking, lol. Also has a fuzzy steering wheel and seat covers to match the dice.

• 2 weeks later...