Movie that's going to rock, Hero.

Trouble Maker

Was just thinking about how people were saying Night sucked and wanted to post about this movie that I'm really looking forward to.

The trailer can be seen here since I haven't seen very many trailers or commercials for it. It looks like it's going to be a pretty cool movie.

Here's what background on the movie that I could dig up. This movie was originally released in 2002 in China and was produced by the same group that produced Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. It was also directed by some guy who's really famous in China I guess (Yimou Zhang). Staring Jet Li along with a bunch of other people that are famous martial arts actors/actresses that I don't know. This film was good enough for Quentin Tarantino to ‘fight’ with Miramax to bring it over here. Quentin Tarantino is now ‘presenting’ this movie in the states, whatever that means. I just know as soon as I saw that there was a movie coming out that stared Jet Li and had anything to do with Quentin Tarantino that I was going to have to see it. So if you’re a fan of Kung fu/martial arts movies, Jet Li and/or Quentin Tarantino you'll probably be interested in this movie, I know I am.

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

i already have it in mandarin with english subs. its quite good.

Is the one they are going to release here going to have voice-overs or just sub titles? Regardless I'll probably take the time and money to see it in a theater. Also, is the current release hard to find and is it a region 1 DVD?

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by Ricochet:

I hope it's not all fake and cheesey like cthd was..

dont go see it or any other sword play movie from china then.

jesse, i have it on vcd. dont know how hard it is to get on our region dvd.

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

jesse, i have it on vcd. dont know how hard it is to get on our region dvd.

Cool, just wondering if they released it for "North American Consumption" yet. I have two DVD players that I can defeat the region on so I could care less if I'm going to buy it (three if you count my rents computer), just curious mainly. If I don't get a chance to get to a nice theater to see it and your not gone yet I'll have to borrow it, or if you've moved already take an image of the VCD(s) for me. graemlins/thumb.gif

I have seen it. It is a very good movie. I watched it on a DVD from China with English subtitles. I hope it does not have voice overs, the subtitles are not annoying. It was cool to hear them talk in their native language. Awesome Colors and very good sound effects, DVD had DTS. The water scene is awesome and the scene with the two chicks fighting and the leaves change color is cool. I think it is the best cinematography I have ever seen in a movie. Now I think I will watch it again tonight!