whos ASE certified?

supldys

+1 on the bs ASE test

I've meet more ASE certified guys that don't know shit as compared to mechanics that aren't ASE certified who know their stuff. No offense to you, good job smile.gif

its how the tests are laid out they want to know so many questions that are irrelivant to the work you actually preform. i have a machinest ase cert and it was a real pain to learn what the ase wanted to hear. but they dont really go into how to properly repair a problem its based more on the hole what caused the problem. they also mess with you and give more than one correct answer. you must decide which is ase correct

Originally posted by venemous bite:

Im master ase certified with gold star. Had to when i was working for the city of dublin

You are master ASE certified and paid a shop to install a cat-back?

Not hateing, just curious.

-Marc

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

You are master ASE certified and paid a shop to install a cat-back?

Not hateing, just curious.

-Marc

Someone here has never experienced that frustration of exhaust work on a six year old car while laying on your back on the garage floor trying to remove impossibly rusted exhaust nuts with hand tools because the impact gun keeps breaking the sixteen 4" extensions you have snapped together to reach the goddamn thing... undercar repairs at home suck.

:cool:

Guest Ponyfreak
I will not do any exhaust work/welding under the car at home anymore. FUCK that. I have no quams about paying someone else to get their head/armpit/leg/groin burnt.

Originally posted by Ponyfreak.:

I will not do any exhaust work/welding under the car at home anymore. FUCK that. I have no quams about paying someone else to get their head/armpit/leg/groin burnt.

Leathers, you should get some. a jacket and full head dress (big leather bag with helmet in it) is minimum for working under a car.

Congrats man!

Originally posted by SlowZ06:

Someone here has never experienced that frustration of exhaust work on a six year old car while laying on your back on the garage floor trying to remove impossibly rusted exhaust nuts with hand tools because the impact gun keeps breaking the sixteen 4" extensions you have snapped together to reach the goddamn thing... undercar repairs at home suck.

:cool:

One word, PB Blaster. I think alot of people have had experiance with that (as well as stripping some bolts/studs also) on here.

But yes, having no air tools or lifts bites the big one.

[ 07. June 2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Soon ]