Limewire won't connect?

RedRocket1647545505

Rarely does it ever connect to the network for me. And when it does, it only stays connected for a few minutes. It keeps asking me if I'd like to download the newer version of it, but I always deny it, because I have dialup, and it'd take forever. Do you think getting the newer version would help my conncetion problems? Thanks.

Originally posted by AustinL911:

Rarely does it ever connect to the network for me. And when it does, it only stays connected for a few minutes. It keeps asking me if I'd like to download the newer version of it, but I always deny it, because I have dialup, and it'd take forever. Do you think getting the newer version would help my conncetion problems? Thanks.

yea it would help

Originally posted by ChrisR 6G72TT:

I used to have that problem with ANY filesharing thing, so i gave up. But recently we moved and now my limewire works just fine. I think it had something to do with the firewall

Yep, I had that problem last night trying to connect to Limewire. I disabled the Sp-2 XP firewall bullshit and it started working.