Barry Sanders where does he rank?

Rally Red Evo

Brown and sanders are tied for number one, Never has the NFL seen the dominant power of brown or Jaw dropping moves of sanders. Payton may have been the hardest working player ever to put on a uniform. These three are in a world by themselves.

emmitt smith isn't in the top 5.

I HATE the lions, and will forever for the tragety that was the early retirement of Barry Sanders. Barry is a class act, did so much for the lions organization and detriot community, won NFL man of the year, was an image all players should strive to be like, and for Everyting he did for the lions, who were not making a solid effort to improve, refused to trade him. Even after his contract had expired after his "retirement" They still withheld his rights and refused to relinquish them to another team, preventing his return to the NFL.

(NFL rules are: if a person retires under contract, the team retains his rights even after the contracts expiration)

I understand how playing for a team not dedicated to winning, and respect his decision to sit out his last 3 years of his contract rather than play half-heartedly.

If not for the lion's "if we can't have him now one can" attitude, Barry would not only have broken nearly every rushing record in the books but put them far out of reach for generations to come.

Guest Ponyfreak
Originally posted by mesteno:

Brown and sanders are tied for number one, Never has the NFL seen the dominant power of brown or Jaw dropping moves of sanders. Payton may have been the hardest working player ever to put on a uniform. These three are in a world by themselves.

I HATE the lions, and will forever for the tragety that was the early retirement of Barry Sanders. Barry is a class act, did so much for the lions organization and detriot community, won NFL man of the year, was an image all players should strive to be like, and for Everyting he did for the lions, who were not making a solid effort to improve, refused to trade him. Even after his contract had expired after his "retirement" They still withheld his rights and refused to relinquish them to another team, preventing his return to the NFL.

(NFL rules are: if a person retires under contract, the team retains his rights even after the contracts expiration)

I understand how playing for a team not dedicated to winning, and respect his decision to sit out his last 3 years of his contract rather than play half-heartedly.

If not for the lion's "if we can't have him now one can" attitude, Barry would not only have broken nearly every rushing record in the books but put them far out of reach for generations to come.

AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mesteno:

i dont care what people say about emmit, hes top five, you dont set the reocrd and cant be considered on of the best, whether he is in his prime or not.

Barry didn't need a hole look at some clips of him on imesh. Emmit smith wasn't that good at all, I never cared for him. Infact I wouldn't put him in my top10. His team made him.

Originally posted by Rane:

Emmit smith wasn't that good at all, I never cared for him. Infact I wouldn't put him in my top10. His team made him.

I agree he had help because of his team but to say he wasnt good thats not true thats saying you could put any back on the Cowboys and he would do what he did I think not. He is def. on my top 10 list

Originally posted by Old Dirty Bastard:

I agree he had help because of his team but to say he wasnt good thats not true thats saying you could put any back on the Cowboys and he would do what he did I think not. He is def. on my top 10 list

totally agree 100% the cowboys had the best line in football. Emmit def was good but just think of what barry could have done with that line? You cant even put emmit in the top 5. I would have if he quit like 3 years ago. The sweetness is number 1 and barry is number 2.

Originally posted by blinkkilla182:

totally agree 100% the cowboys had the best line in football. Emmit def was good but just think of what barry could have done with that line? You cant even put emmit in the top 5. I would have if he quit like 3 years ago. The sweetness is number 1 and barry is number 2.

i can agree with emmitt in the top 10 but without that line he would have barely made the top 10 rushing list.

the lions rarely made holes, the cowboys made holes you could drive a truck through. Payton had a very good line as well, not to take anything from him though.

watch video of jim brown.

Emmitt & Brown are the only ones that could control the game.

Go back to 89,90,91 when Sanders was wining the rushing title,thay (media) would say if so and so had his line he could get thoes yards

And Emmitts line was not highly touted tell he had 10,000 yards and SB rings

some Barry Sanders stats

1989, 71-57-1-59-72

1990, 55-52-10-62-69-61-67-23

1991, 42-26-55-63-57-62

1992, 66-34-70-36-52-38-54

1993, 76-64-75-63 out 5 games

1994, 16-47-42-45-52

1995, 35-24-76-44-54-48-76

1996, 49-66-73-36-47-51

1997, 33-20 great year

1998, 6928-66-33-29-41