Wild kingdom on the freeway

old dirty bastard

During my weekend travels I was on Northbound Interstate 77 while heading to northeastern Ohio when I noticed a Sheriff cruiser w/ his lights on in the middle shoulder So I changed my lane to the slow lane and when I past the cruiser I notice the deputy was outside his car standing in the grass staring at a freaking Ostrich graemlins/wtf.gifgraemlins/wtf.gif I can die now I have seen it all.

there is a wildlife complex just a little south of New Philly, they have deer, wolves, tigers...some exotics...could be from there, not too far from 77...not really sure what they do there, maybe it's a petting zoo, i have no clue.

did it look like this?

http://flathat.woodstream.net/ColumbusRacing/CopperHead/omg_ostrich.jpg

Which reminds me, last night I encountered a deer with a death wish, fucker kept running back and forth across the road right in front of me. It finally ran to the other side of the road, so i hit the gas and got away from it.

A week ago on Sunday, between Polaris and Mansfield (about 45 min. drive), I counted 9 (nine) fresh deer kills. By fresh, I mean the victim car still on the roadside, deer entrails fresh in the middle of the lane, bright red blood under the tires. Patty and I call it "deer smear".

Be careful out there! From my experience, November is always full of deer on the highways.

Originally posted by Tony:

A week ago on Sunday, between Polaris and Mansfield (about 45 min. drive), I counted 9 (nine) fresh deer kills. By fresh, I mean the victim car still on the roadside, deer entrails fresh in the middle of the lane, bright red blood under the tires. Patty and I call it "deer smear".

Be careful out there! From my experience, November is always full of deer on the highways.

I have noticed alot of road killed deer also