STEELERS

AngryBMW

Originally posted by Big Slick AK:

Do the steelers play the colts this year?? that'd be a matchup i'd like to see between Ben and Manning

Nope, and it's a shame. I guess we'll have to wait and see if:

A: The Steelers make it to the big game

B: The Colts make it to the play offs and Payton doesnt choke on a dick; again.

-Marc

Yea, Rothenlicksmynuts is awesome, when you run the ball 56 times one week then the next week you run it 46 times, man that QB is getting a ton of reps, he won the game for them. Nevermind the offense had the ball 85 min out of 120 min the last two games also. Most NFL teams pass to run out the clock :rolleyes: If you have any insight to football it's all about the YAC. Those WRs and TEs do a great job of breaking tackles. At least give props to the teammates who deserve the props if you are a real fan. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until next year, when trading him is what you want done......

Originally posted by Big Slick AK:

Do the steelers play the colts this year?? that'd be a matchup i'd like to see between Ben and Manning

I know we are not now comparing Payton MANNING to Ben.......

Lets compare stats:

Payton Manning:2004 Att/240 comp/156 yards/2161 LG/64 TDs/22 INT/4 AvgPG/308.7 Hi Game/472 Rating/117.4

Ben RoethlisbergerAtt/137 comp/96 yards/1133 TDs/9 int/4 Rating/104.7

Ben is half the QB Manning is, Ben isn't qualified to get Patyon water.....that is all...

Guest 01NFRs2k

Ben isn't asked to win games, the Steelers are the most complete team in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, the receiving trio is one of the best in the NFL, the offensive line is one of the best in the NFL, and the Steelers have two great backs in Bettis and Staley. The defense is what has improved so much this year and why the Steelers are winning so many more games. The secondary was horrible last year, but they are not giving up the big play this year. The linebackers have always been a strong point on the defense, as they are again this year and Kendrell Bell got his first reps in a while last week.

When you can run the ball for some 450 rushing yards the past two games, while limiting your two opponents combined to some 30 or so yards, you are going to win games. Your defense isn't on the field all worn out, the opposition is. I'm sorry but if you still doubt the Steelers after beating the two best teams in the NFL the past two weeks, I don't know who else you want them to beat. I'll be at the Cleveland game this week. Can't wait. I was also at the Patriots game.

The steelers really surprised me this year. The only game I have had a chance to watch completely was the baltimore game.

Boy did they look bad that day.

I just hope they kick the ravens ass the next time they play.

As for the quarterback thing. Hey he is winning. So ofcourse Pittsburg will get rid of him next year. Seems like they have done that a lot over the years.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

Yea, Rothenlicksmynuts is awesome, when you run the ball 56 times one week then the next week you run it 46 times, man that QB is getting a ton of reps, he won the game for them. Nevermind the offense had the ball 85 min out of 120 min the last two games also. Most NFL teams pass to run out the clock :rolleyes: If you have any insight to football it's all about the YAC. Those WRs and TEs do a great job of breaking tackles. At least give props to the teammates who deserve the props if you are a real fan. :rolleyes:

I can't wait until next year, when trading him is what you want done......

I'm not a NFL fan.Ben is doing relly well for being a rookie. I just want to see the matchup between the best ROOKIE QB and the BEST QB in the NFL right now. That is all. No sand in panties needed

Heh heh, I'm from Pgh, moved here in 1987. I followed the Steelers in the 60's, when it was a ten game season & they'd end up 1 & 9!!! I certainly watched & attended games when they dominated the 70's. This year I was at ketchup field to watch them beat Oakland, & YEP I was 20 rows up Sunday!! I watched McNabb pick himself up off the field with pgh dirt & grass in his facemask!!! We didn't beat the eagles, WE TORCHED THEM! With free agency, salary caps etc, D Rooney continues to abide by the NFL rules, sooo here they are 7 & 1. There remaining schedule isn't all that tough either. My senses say = end of season, record 13 & 3. If they get home field advantage, oh BABY bring the Patriots, or Colts, whoever, cause it's on. And the Steelers can do something else now?? SCORE!!!

Get rid of Ben next year? Ain't happening as Rooney & Cowher know what they've got. They really are the real deal!!!! :D