Halo 2

Guest powers

Please tell me what I am missing about this Halo fad. What is so great about this game? The first time I saw it, it looked like Quake 2 multiplayer, circa 1998. Is it because you can play it on your TV and don't need a PC? I guess I don't get it because multiplayer LAN PC FPS games have been out for the better part of 10 years now. And the graphics suck compared to what a PC can do. What's the big deal? :confused:

Originally posted by Wease:

Please tell me what I am missing about this Halo fad. What is so great about this game? The first time I saw it, it looked like Quake 2 multiplayer, circa 1998. Is it because you can play it on your TV and don't need a PC? I guess I don't get it because multiplayer LAN PC FPS games have been out for the better part of 10 years now. And the graphics suck compared to what a PC can do. What's the big deal? :confused:

Exactly.. I played the first for about 5 mins then shut it off.

well you don't need 4 computers to have 4 people play. Xbox's only cost 150. You can have 16 players with only 4 cpu's. The game play is better. The graphics could be better but you are also playing on a tv.

In summary It is unique in that you don't need to be a computer guru to play and has a more familer interface. I mean they must be doing something right for this to have been the most anticipated release of a pc/game console game ever.

The PC version of the same game does not do well in sales.

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

You can have 16 players with only 4 cpu's.

The game play is better.

The PC version of the same game does not do well in sales.

I agree with most everything but these three points. Sure, you can have 4 players with one XBox. Too bad each player has to look at a tiny part of the TV to navigate and play the game. :( That might work somewhat OK on my 51 inch HD TV, but not most TV's. The game play is NOT better. You have much faster processing time with a faster CPU and more RAM. And the reason the PC version doesn't sell well is because Halo is lame compared to similar PC games. Other than those points, I agree with what you said. You can't beat $150 for a console and whatever for the game itself... smile.gif

Too bad each player has to look at a tiny part of the TV to navigate and play the game. :(

No one complained last time I had people over the house for a little multiplayer action. For the most part we play on my 2 57" theater wides and a 32 I put in the kicthen. ;)

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

i waited in line for 4 hours, had 15 ppl playin here last night at the house, now it's time to co-op and beat the game

you have to co-op to beat the game :(

I agree with most everything but these three points. Sure, you can have 4 players with one XBox. Too bad each player has to look at a tiny part of the TV to navigate and play the game. :( That might work somewhat OK on my 51 inch HD TV, but not most TV's. The game play is NOT better. You have much faster processing time with a faster CPU and more RAM. And the reason the PC version doesn't sell well is because Halo is lame compared to similar PC games. Other than those points, I agree with what you said. You can't beat $150 for a console and whatever for the game itself... smile.gif

no the reason Halo did not sell well was it took almost 2 years for MS/Bungie to port the game back to PC. Itstarted out being designed for Macs and MS bought bungie out and then it was being geared torwards PC until MS decieded to design a console and was needing to have a Flagship game.

Now if Halo 2 came out for PC I believe it would do very well in sales but it wont because it will take away from the xbox sales. It will come out but will probably in a year or so and sales for it will be average just like halo was.

also the game is good because th esingle player has a great story line