Apology to IPS

Mensan

Reference this thread

Just wanted to clear some things up. Things got out of hand in that thread pretty quickly. I did my best to straighten things out early when I saw the direction the thread was headed. I met with Jeff in person to discuss the things about which we had been talking. Since I have no personal experience with IPS (i.e., they have not done work on my car, nor have I purchased parts from them), then I shouldn't have insulted them or their work. That said, Jeff and I agreed that the best way to settle this is a mutual apology, mine for insulting IPS, and his for his personal insults to me. Hopefully we can work past it. The situation escalated far past where it should have.

Commendable on being a man and admitting your faults, and over-all "douche-bag-ness"

You've earned more respect admitting fault and apologizing, than just admitting fault.

IPS treated me right on many occasions, but we have a business relationship that extends farther than just personally.

I didn't mean to come off like a douche. On the internet it's easy to take things out of context. People who know me personally know it's not typical of my personality. I am usually very diplomatic. I am usually joking with people on the board, (like with Sam, who I have no personal issue with), but in this case it was getting serious. Not my intent.

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Eli- did you ever think of pulling me aside when playing poker, or PMing me before you went and made yourself look like a moron? Honestly, I read two pages of that thread and it was completely retarded. But- I guess all is good. Everything with IPS was taken care of in the best way it could have been- and there are no hard feelings toward anyone there- it was a semi mix up- that is all.

-Dan

Dan, I think I took care of that one already when I admitted what I heard was second hand. This is a thread in which I apologize to those I believe I wronged; if you would like to start a new thread, or PM me, or post in the old thread, that's cool. The point of this thread is to make amends, not have more words.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Mensan:

graemlins/thumb.gif

*Is reminded of calling Dr. John for the first time* :D

no wonder why.. dr....

Thanks for the apology and i too apologize for my colorful "adjectives" in my replies. Ill keep my responses a little more professional on here and save all the good stuff for PMs tongue.gif

Otherwise, i just hope that everyone else reading that drivel is wise enough to tell the difference between what was an assumption (or 14th-hand information at best) and what was fact. If anyone isnt clear feel free to ask away or PM me and ill gladly clarify.

Jeff

Originally posted by Nick GT:

IPS treated me right on many occasions, but we have a business relationship that extends farther than just personally.

You needed IPS's help changing tires? graemlins/wtf.giftongue.gif

-Marc

I'd also like to say that regardless of the circumstances, it was good to meet everyone who was out there tonight that introduced themselves. Especially Tank, I have heard NOTHING but good things about his work, and didn't know he was working out there.