CS: Source peeps

Buck531

Anyone want to pitch in and get a dedicated server? I'm just tired of all the BS servers out there who are hacking and all other kinds of weird shit.

Anyone have an idea on how much it would run a month?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to shell in $10-$20 a month for one. If we get enough people, that shouldn't be any issue. I wouldn't even know where to start looking. Shawn.. looks like you know what you're talking about ;)

1.6 is old, outdated, and never going to get updated again unless some miracle occurs.

All the people that say source sucks are the kids with crappy comps who can't run source well, or can't use their configs the same as they could in 1.6

True story.

Originally posted by Veritas:

1.6 is old, outdated, and never going to get updated again unless some miracle occurs.

All the people that say source sucks are the kids with crappy comps who can't run source well, or can't use their configs the same as they could in 1.6

True story.

Not a true story. I have a computer that can run source fine. I just don't like it.

Originally posted by 86 Eh?:

Ugh source is so lame...1.6 is where it's at, if you complain about hackers you just suck at the game.

Then you must hack. 6 out of the 7 servers I got on tonight had at least 2 people that had an aim bot hack, and the speed hack.

I don't think I suck, it's just when I compete against a hacker.. of course I'm going to suck. graemlins/jerkit.gif

Originally posted by Buck531:

Then you must hack. 6 out of the 7 servers I got on tonight had at least 2 people that had an aim bot hack, and the speed hack.

Well if you go in good servers that are moderated there aren't many obvious hackers, i.e. speed hacks, aimbots. There might be a few wallers, the type that try to hide it. I've been playing this game for about 3 years. Source just doesn't feel like counterstrike.

Guest Rane

I play cz, source is ok just not as fun and cz is like the cleaned up version of 1.6 I rarely see hackers on CZ. Unless you see someone killing the entire team through the wall or before the round starts there not hacking.

Its amazing how often I get called a "Hacker." because my score is like 50-10 when you watch me it easy to see I don't hack. Infact, in steel venom gaming servers or whatever I went like 64-0 It was somewhere in the low 60's with 0 deaths. This was 8 vs 8 dust2. No afk's on either team I'm sure 90% of the server except the couple people whom I was friends with thought I hacked.

Most ppl you *think* use an aimbot probably doesn't. Most you have to worry about is normally wallhackers, and if you know how to use your volume you pretty much have a wallhack yourself your just legit with it. Like, you know where people are from sound so most wallhackers are insanely easy to kill if they dont have an aimbot. Speedhacks on the other hand are incredibly obvious so if someone is using it you WILL know.

Cliff notes: Everyone better then you is NOT a hacker. Everytime your clan loses does not mean the other team was hacking.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

wtf are you people talking about? What is a wall hack? what is an aimbot? speed hack sounds somewhat self explanatory tho.

Wall hack is when you can see through walls. Aimbot basically means it's an auto aimer (at the heads).

I've been playing CS for a good 5-6 years now. I'm not saying I suck or anything.. nor that I'm the great one. It just pisses me off that some people feel the need to hack in order to play the game. It takes all of the fun out of it. I'm not calling anyone here a hacker either.

For once I'd like to get on a server that no one hacks... that's all. Oh well.

Guest Rane

Play condition zero, I rarely EVER see hackers. With the exception of when I logged on an iceworld server last night. Everyone was hacking except me...There were like 4 ppl in there speed hacking and aimbotting eachother through walls. Was pretty funny.

CZ=1.6 that doesn't hurt your eyes. Same hitboxes and everything better skins and sounds. CZL OGL both have leagues dunno if Cal is in CZ yet?

Just in case any of you are interested.

69CamaroSS has a local server for CS:Source. The server is in GC and plays very well.

IP is 65.60.245.148:27016

Server name is -FightClub-

Hope to see you on sometime....

Originally posted by Maro:

Just in case any of you are interested.

69CamaroSS has a local server for CS:Source. The server is in GC and plays very well.

IP is 65.60.245.148:27016

Server name is -FightClub-

Hope to see you on sometime....

just added it to my favorites.. what's your player name?? mine is Death Sandwich, hope to see you