Airsoft?

Mowgli1647545497

Anyone here do airsoft?

Just got back from a trip with some folks from work who do this. My first exposure to it. I have done paintball a couple times.

Had a blast and enjoyed it much more than the paintballing I did for a couple reasons. Less mess, better equipment, no jams, way more accuracy and range. Borrowed a friend's CA M4 and the damn thing felt almost identical to the real M4s I trained on as a squid.

Biting the bullet. Ordered an AEG by ICS - the M4A1 with RIS and a red dot. Abit more than a quality paintball gun (bout $500 all told with accessories and maintenance gear), but I enjoyed it alot more so I think its worth the extra initial cost.

Anyhow - was wondering if anyone on here played.

Airsoftarms. Just visited them at lunch.

They also said TM is the benchmark. Everyone copies the Tokyo Maru designs, but they did say whereas CA just copies them, ICS tries to copy them and improve them. Hop up, motor, gearing, etc. Eh, who knows.

I liked the single pin breakdown for cleaning especially on the ICS. The TM didn't break down as easy. And the Classic Army gun's breakdown... Whoa, no thanks. 5 minutes on the ICS vs 1 hour of disassembly on the CA gun. Bleh. All three seemed like quality guns actually. But the TM and ICS seemed to have better features. So I held both. The ICS fit me better so I picked that one up, a tiny bit more than the TM but thats ok. I know the ICS will accept all TM internals so I figure I'm covered either way.

It was nice to be able to go thru all three in person side by side. Thanks for the tip, John.

I remember when i worked at Gander Mountain and we started getting these in I never thought they would get such a following. I thought they would only be good for shooting cats.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

Thats because the ones at Gander Mnt are junkers.. the other REAL ones are freakin insane.

Yeah there's some stuff I saw online thats basically just plastic toys. ICS and CA are full size, full weight, all metal. TM offers scaled sizes, their "boys" line. The full size stuff you cannot tell them apart from the real deal until you look in the clip or break them down. Hence the federally mandated orange tip (*cough* orange paint comes off with fingernail polish remover *cough*).