Written temp test

demitrix

So Im goin in friday to get my temp packet...yay me...and i was just curious on some ppls take on the difficulty of the test, Ive read the motorcycle manual and skimmed the motorcycle chapter in the digest of vehicle laws. am i ready?

Yeah, if you've read the book you should be fine. As long as you actually read it not just skimmed it assuming you know what it's gonna say. They ask trick questions or ask you the same ones with different wording. It's not bad. Some questions are just general traffic stuff.

Here is the trick, if there is one that you do not know, just skip it. It will put that question as the last on the test. This way you don't have to worry about getting the ones you don't know wrong early. If you answer enough of the others right by the time you get there it wont make a difference.

Here is the trick, if there is one that you do not know, just skip it. It will put that question as the last on the test. This way you don't have to worry about getting the ones you don't know wrong early. If you answer enough of the others right by the time you get there it wont make a difference.

Actually, its better than that. If you get to a question you don't know, skip it. It randomly pulls like 52 questions, but you only have to answer 50 (numbers are estimate). If you skip a few, you won't see them again.

I figure its pretty easy, the drivers test was a joke, i only missed one cause i was goin too fast and didnt even read all the answers lol. So i figure the motorcycle one will be similar, mostly common sense. Other than the few things ive picked up outta the motorcycle manual.

Yeah, the written permit test is a freaking cake walk. I had only skimmed through the book they give you with the packet a lil' beforehand (although I had been researching/reading up on riding for months) and didn't miss a single one. Most of the test was general Ohio traffic laws with some motorcycle related questions thrown in here and there. My buddy that went with me didn't know jack about riding and didn't look at/read anything. Went straight in, took test and passed...granted he almost failed, but still passed.

So if you know Ohio traffic laws, and skim through the MC booklet, you're golden. Congrats on the permit, and welcome to the habit!

Oh, and the test was 40 questions total. Once you answer 75% correctly (which is 30 if you miss none) then the test automatically stops and you pass. So you'll answer 30-40 questions depending on your competency level.

when i took the test for my temps they fucked up and gave me the test for a car, not the motorcycle one. there were exactly 0 motorcycle related questions.