Is the us to blame?

Guest powers

LaDouce said that warning systems wouldn’t be useful without proper evacuation plans, given how fast a tsunami can travel. Tsunami waves hit Sumatra minutes after the earthquake and struck Thailand within sixty minutes.

even if we did know about it and warned people there was no way to evac. that many peoplein that little of a time.

Guest stvbreal
Yeah, the US knew about it and tried to contact the countries to warn them but they did not have a specific sanction/department to contact. Not our fault they don't have the proper commnication mediums.

the US and everywhere else in the world is like a husband and a wife. everything's our fault. we accept that and move on. no matter how much we help people, it isn't enough. we supply food, water, shelter, and money... yet we still get bitched at for not doing enough. its a marriage.

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by EvilEvo:

Yeah, the US knew about it and tried to contact the countries to warn them but they did not have a specific sanction/department to contact. Not our fault they don't have the proper commnication mediums.

The minute the us found out about it we were trying to contact people, and I believe we got through to a country (Indonesia I believe but I will have to look it up again) and I dont think we could get a hold of anybody. I hate how we always get blamed for everything graemlins/jerkit.gif

It has been proven that Tsunami warning systems often have little effect because people flock to the beach to see the waves.

Why would it be up to us to tell people of immenant disaster, we aren't the world's "tornado alarm".

Beside, who could have predicted this kind of devastation? Who would have known what was going to happen, that is why it is called a natural disaster.

Originally posted by satan:

the US and everywhere else in the world is like a husband and a wife. everything's our fault. we accept that and move on. no matter how much we help people, it isn't enough. we supply food, water, shelter, and money... yet we still get bitched at for not doing enough. its a marriage.

We really should get a divorce then.

Originally posted by Razorback:

We really should get a divorce then.

+1

Lets see how much everyone hates us when we stop aiding everyone.

I mean really... people in the US build 4 second drag cars, trucks that can crawl over just about anything, boats that can run well over 200mph, bombs made from drano and various Home Depot parts, and guns that can shoot bullits thru engine blocks at 2500yrds, all...FOR FUN. Imagine what we could do if the american public really gave a shit.

The world should be happy were using our money to help them rather than destroy them... it wouldnt be hard.

Originally posted by satan:

Perfect. graemlins/lol.gif