anyone have a 9800xt?

ohio_wookie

Have you looked on the web at all? I've seen several places that have tons and tons of bioses available for download. If you've looked and can't find it, I'll see if I can find the page when I get home from work.

i just ordered a 9800 pro from newegg with the r360 core, cant wait till it gets here cause i wanna do the 9800xt flash. i found a great bios site with all the different cards from all the different manufacturers and if i find it again ill post the link.

i was going to do the pro to xt flash, the only thing with the xt bios that i wanted was the temperature sensor (i have just ordered the stuff for a new system p4 and the works but i also got a water cooling kit, and a vga water block and i wanted to see the temp change). but ill prob just overclock it. ive tried around 5 bios dumps, and none have worked. my last hope is the fact that my agp slot is just a 4x, and my mobo is has an 8x, doubt that will make a difference, but heres to hoping.

Originally posted by Megaman.EXE:

yea, the only thing i have to worry about now is finding time and money to go to the Micro Center on Bethel and picking up a better VGA cooling system than stock.

get the copper bga ramsinks and the ati silencer 1 and some arctic silver, and youll be set graemlins/thumb.gif

If you can't find the bios you're looking for, just overclock it as far as you can with stock cooling, then install your watercooling kit and then see how much farther it will go. My old 9800 Pro would barely overclock at all with the stock cooler -- once the water block went on it went another 20+MHz at the core and atleast 40+MHz at the memory. My X800 XT AIW overclocks to 562.50MHz from 500MHz at the core -- the memory is not touched by the waterblock but it overclocks to 571.50MHz from 500MHz -- watercooling is definitely worth it, you'll really be glad you did it.

I havent gotten my vga waterblock yet (should be here by friday), but i just installed the waterblock on my p4 and it dropped the temp down almost 30degrees. i am extremly impressed and am ready to overclock my pentium from 3.0 to 3.8, i might even play with getting it over 4. supposedly the stock fan and sink can get to about 3.9 without becoming too unstable.