MotoGP prcatice at Indy - July 1-2

Earache

Here's a chance for you to get out to Indy and watch practice. And it's FREE!

OPEN TESTING

The following is from IMS...

The public is welcome to watch the MotoGP and Red Bull AMA U.S. Rookies Cup Open Test from July 1-3 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, as riders and teams prepare for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Sept. 12-14.

MotoGP teams will test from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (ET) Tuesday, July 1 and Wednesday, July 2 on the 2.620-mile road course at IMS. Red Bull AMA U.S. Rookies Cup riders will test from 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (ET) Thursday, July 3.

The public can watch testing from these locations at IMS:

•South Terrace (in front of Hall of Fame Museum); Disabled Seating (in front of Hall of Fame Museum); Turn 2 Viewing Mounds; Southwest Vista sections 14-20; South Vista sections 1-5.

I'll be there and will post any pics that I can take.

if i'm off work i will deff ride up and see that!

A bunch of us are going on Tuesday and plan on riding over. Let me know if you wanna ride / hang with us and we'll meet up someplace.

im about 75% that im gonna go... i have an exam that morning at 8AM but i should be able to leave by 10 or so... get over there about noon.

i was curious as to why they are doing the testing now. so they gotta come from europe (assen) this week to north america, then go back to germany for the race on the 13th, then come BACK to the US for laguna on the 20th.

why didnt they test after laguna seca when they have nearly a month before their next race, and all their shit is here anyway? now they gotta ship all their shit here for a test, then back to europe for a race, then back to the US again for a race...

why didnt they test after laguna seca when they have nearly a month before their next race, and all their shit is here anyway?

Always wondered about that as well. Maybe they just wanna waste more money?

Spies was the only actual "racer" that was there, correct? I'd heard the rest were required to just be the factory riders, but he was a loophole?? Glad to see the weather cooperated today.....Nice pix!