Pool Hall

Devils Advocate

Cushions is nice but kinda costly.. Then there is corn fed reds. It's in the GHHEEETTOOO but open 24 hours. Also sportsmans on the westside on sullivant ave (ghetto as well). There are 2 more on the west side.. One is on west broad just west of roosters (bogarts), and another on wilson rd by broad street(forget its name).

Pool halls are too expensive, a bar with a few pool tables is what I like best but unfortunately you're not 21 yet. Pool halls are just anoying becuase they usually charge you per person on the table who's playing. So if you have 6 people they charge you $X per hour for every person. That's usually in the range of ~$1.50-$3 too!

Some pool halls will have a few quarter tables too but that's not all ways a given and they are usually the smaller tables.

Guest Dark_Viper01
bankshot billards on hilliard-rome rd is not a bad place, they have a bunch of tables in two or three sizes, some are coin operated, but they are smaller ones. I don't ususaly spend more than 10 bucks there, I think a table is 6 bucks an hr, half price before 4 pm or something like that.

Cornfed Reds = 5005 Chatterton Rd - 24 hours $

Chalkies = 2843 Olentangy River Rd $$

Fats = 2992 Hayden Run Plz $$$

Players Billiards = 4380 E Main St $

Sportsmans Billiard Club = 3965 Sullivant Ave $

Billiard Club = 911 E Dublin Granville Rd $$

Golden Eight Ball Inc = 5432 N High St $

Golden Eight Ball Inc = 222 E 11th Ave $

If any feals froggy, let me know ....

Also for those who need cue repair I have a cue lathe at the house and can fix most issues. For example new tips, removal of "dings" in the shaft and farrell replacement.

I can't believe I havent seen one good pool hall named yet. You guys fucking suck. FOr east siders Shooter over off brice road is the best you got. Prices are fair and hours are late.

Any one else Pockets is decent it's quarter tables but it's only 50 cents and they are decent tables. Fats on bethel and sawmill is really nice. I am forgetting one more. oh yah and if any one wants the train ran on them call me out.

New owner of Shooters has let the place go to shit. He has not replaced the felt in well over a year. The carpets look like crap and half the walls have paneling and the rest have really bad wallpaper. Since it is right down the street from me I used to go there all the time. I even worked there a few times. The old owner has now openned a pool table sales place right next door. Good prices, even has poker supplies as well.

Cornfed reds is not in the ghetto its like 3 minutes from my house lmao. And there are never any ghetto people in there. Come down the street this way by Independence its a lil worse but were not ghetto lol...

Rane, It varies, do they want a 8' or a bar box? they range from around $1,500 up to well over $100,000. He can order the more expensive ones. Next time you are in Cornfeds see if I'm there. I am usually playing on table 19, the one behind the front desk. I will be there tomorrow for their 8-ball tourny. (Ask for Bart)

Their name is Buckeye Billiards. All their tables come with free setup, delievery, full set of balls, rack, cover and cues. So when the installers leave you can start playing, no need to buy anthing else. I know they have a couple to choose from for around $1500.

Their installers, unlike Southern Bowling and Billiards, each have close to 20 years of setting up tables and their dad has close to 40 years under his belt. Southern and Scioto Valley have young kids setting up their tables.

Originally posted by Rane:

Cornfed reds is not in the ghetto its like 3 minutes from my house lmao. And there are never any ghetto people in there. Come down the street this way by Independence its a lil worse but were not ghetto lol...

Uh your full of shit. I saw to guys (ghetto ass mother fuckers) try and stab each other with broken beer bottles right before the columbus police raided the place with 30 some officers.

I'm biting my tounge.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Rane:

Living here for a year, it appears to me that in Columbus, Ohio, "ghetto" may be defined by meeting several of the following criteria:

- not close to Easton

- not close to Polaris

- not close to (insert posh shopping mall)

- not in Dublin

- not in (insert posh suburb)

- neighborhood where everyone is not leasing new luxury sedans and SUVs

- neighborhood more than 15 years old

- neighborhood where houses have <4 bedrooms

- neighborhood that is not 95+% white

tongue.gif;)

Tony

I don't remember if you have to be 18 I suck, I don't turn 18 till uh 25th. I used to go in there when I knew the owners but I'll go whenever unless you were talking about today then its to late.