My public apology: PLEASE READ

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

While we are on the subject.

Anthony you seem to be under a moment of clarity. Many of the people on that list are dirctly or indirectly invovled with IPS. If you are looking to settle things so everyone can move on and be pals, I am curious to see if you feel if there is any unsettled business between you and them?

Do you:

A)feel like the whole thing kind of blew up with partial blame on both sides?

B)feel like it was mostly your fault and regret it?

C)feel like the blame falls on their side and is their job to applogize to you?

OR

D)feel like the post above settles your matters with both those people and IPS?

B. I feel that I could have handled things better, and in the process of how I did handle it, threw away some good friends.

I will say that the work completed was satisfactory, but the attention to detail in the reassembly of minor processes wasn't. But, shit happens and we go on, we're only human.

I plan on calling Brett and discussing things with him, and maybe we can work something out. Maybe if I hadn't been so quick to jump his/their shit, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

That's the most I'll elaborate in public, as this subject is between IPS and myself.

Originally posted by PMTA:

B. I feel that I could have handled things better, and in the process of how I did handle it, threw away some good friends.

I will say that the work completed was satisfactory, but the attention to detail in the reassembly of minor processes wasn't. But, shit happens and we go on, we're only human.

I plan on calling Brett and discussing things with him, and maybe we can work something out. Maybe if I hadn't been so quick to jump his/their shit, we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

That's the most I'll elaborate in public, as this subject is between IPS and myself.

Thanks for the straight forward answer. I know it's between you and IPS, but i'm sure you would agree it affected more people than that. That's why i ask that question. There was alot of public name calling and people took sides.

CR is not the same as it was when I was introduced to it. It was most of the people on that list you had, some who remain, and some who have just kind of left or moved on becasue it changed so much from what it used to be. Not sure if it will ever be what it once was, but this is he best move i have seen out of all the things done to get it back.

Originally posted by BIG PAPA:

Thanks for the straight forward answer. I know it's between you and IPS, but i'm sure you would agree it affected more people than that. That's why i ask that question. There was alot of public name calling and people took sides.

CR is not the same as it was when I was introduced to it. It was most of the people on that list you had, some who remain, and some who have just kind of left or moved on becasue it changed so much from what it used to be. Not sure if it will ever be what it once was, but this is he best move i have seen out of all the things done to get it back.

You're right, it affected too many people in a negative way, and for that I feel like an ass. We were all a big group that had a good time, and ended up splitting into factions due to some oversights and mistakes I made. I never wanted that to happen, and regret that it ever did.

I dunno if CR will be the same it was three years ago, but I have the support of some people and some plans that ay assist with becoming one again. Glenn and myself had a long conversation yesterday and came up with some good ideas. It seems some of these people I chased away are the ones that are needed the most.

I hope we can all come to terms, and even though I may not be held in the same status I was prior, I'd still like to see an attempt from all of us involved to make amends and enjoy what we do and what we stand for.

Well well well. I guess my first reaction would be to ask what brought this on all of the sudden? A simple post, although a start, is not making us all "forgive and forget" all of the sudden when someone so deliberately set out to hurt our business for close to a year for absolutely no reason other than spite.

That being said, it might have been somewhat of a blessing because up until yesterday with our mini "Grand Opening" at our new place,

http://dieseldigital.net/media/2004/ips_111604/

we were too busy to get any more cars in anyway and couldnt have handled much more business.

Now things are different. We have a newly revamped webpage and new shopping cart days away from being completed. A brand new 4000+ Sq Ft building to work out of. Complete build-up project cars out our ears and were just happy to be growing despite every single one of us being banned from here for most of the year now.

As some of you may or may not know, 2/3 of the IPS founders are no longer involved and all aspects of our business have been vastly improved. Everything from promptness of parts ordering, to returned phone calls, to cars getting in-and-out both quicker and sounder have made IPS do a complete 180 over the past year. EDIT: This is in NO WAY an admittance to any poor or improper work on Ants car and as we left things FOREVER ago we stand by our work 100%. We are very proud of both the work that we do and the team we have assembled as we believe we have some of the most imaginative and innovative car enthusiasts around.

To those on here who dont know any of us down at IPS--myself, my brother Jeff, Brett, or any of our other supporting staff, feel free to stop down and check out the new place. We feel we have been done a huge injustice being banned from here for absolutely no reason and just would like to get back to being able to help any of you with parts or services when we can or just to be around to liven things up from time-to-time ;)

We are more than happy to discuss things with Ant and look forward to FINALLY putting an end to all of this.

email: sales@ipsmotorsports.net

shop: 298-8920

^^^

Summary of above post in response to the low blow: We used to suck and do shitty work, but we didn't suck on Anthony's car. We moved to a new building and the people that didn't suck and worked on Anthony's car aren't around anymore, so we're better now. Trust us.

We didn't need you anyway, look at our new place. It's booming without CR.

Originally posted by 03SPYDR:

^^^

Summary of above post in response to the low blow: We used to suck and do shitty work, but we didn't suck on Anthony's car. We moved to a new building and the people that didn't suck and worked on Anthony's car aren't around anymore, so we're better now. Trust us.

You suck at the reading comprehension. There was no "low blow" whatsoever. Just simply stating that almost a year later the damage to our shop as far as reputation and so forth has been done. Thankfully it seems to have been limited to the world of CR and there are lots of car guys out there that either dont believe everything they hear or havent been on to ask where to take their car. Simple as that.

Jeff has spoken with Ant already today and is in the process of FINALLY getting things resolved. All parties agree that it should have NEVER come this far or taken this long to realize mistakes made but you live and learn. Better late than never...

And as far as the personnel change, none was due to someone "sucking" or not but more like getting people doing things they actually ENJOY doing--makes for a happier work environment. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend anyone no longer involved based on their contributions here.

Mike

^^^

How do you deduce that?

There are amends attempting to made here. If you, or anyone else for that matter, can not come up with logical/adult oriented response, then keep it to yourself.

Allow for this situation to work. Keep the negativity to yourself, unless something has affected you directly. If it HAS had a direct effect, help to bring the solution to the open in a respectful/creative manner as to help solve the discretion.

Idiocy is an excuse, logic is the answer.

Originally posted by turbotalont56:

You suck at the reading comprehension. There was no "low blow" whatsoever.

Hmmm... Read your first paragraph. A guy states that he's trying to make good, has been in contact with the appropriate parties, and you jab him in the nuts one last time. Why? Dick.

That was a pitiful public response to Anthony's attempt at diplomacy. People earn reputations themselves, and you are earning yours with every post. You speak for yourself. Look at what you have written, and ask yourself if this is how you want to portray yourself to people who don't know you.

Your best bet is to keep quiet. If you are representing a business and someone trash-talks it, it looks really bad when you trash-talk that person back.

It is sad that people can't, at the very minimum, graciously accept an apology. Even if one feels that the apology may not be enough, one should not make a public spectacle of that.

Hmmm... Read your first paragraph. A guy states that he's trying to make good, has been in contact with the appropriate parties, and you jab him in the nuts one last time. Why? Dick.

You're an idiot if you analyzed the first paragraph and deduced that!

Guest evorx7man

Actually I did not see it that way at all, but in typical CR fashion..you are trying to begin a fight. Give it a rest!

Let's not let this get outta hand.

Mike has always been a bit on the brash side of things after what happened, it'll take some time to heal wounds.

I had a long conversation with Jeff a bit ago, and we've agreed on some things and mutually feel events could have been handled differently.

I will make a separate post concerning IPS, but I will say many aspects of both parties are different than six months ago and it's time to quit the bullshit and move forward.

They're a good group of guys, and friends I didn't like seeing turned away. Give them a chance, as everyone needs to take a second look at people after awhile.

Again I apologize for dragging people throught the mud when things could have been better handled and had a different, more positive outcome. I plan on finishing off my bill to IPS and moving forward.

All we gain by holding grudges and gripping the past are negativity and the costliness of life aspects. There's no need for it, we can only improve with change.

Because at the time of the post all it was was "trying" to make good. Since then Ants called down to the shop and Jeffs talked to him and things are getting resolved. Prior to that none of us was exactly jumping up and down about a single apologetic post close to a year later.

We have no intentions of digging back up everything or pointing fingers again--just would like to see what we were owed for our services as a shop and then ammend things in terms of friendships etc on an individual basis. Thats it.

Stop trying to stir shit up and let the parties involved work themselves out like Ants looking to do.

Originally posted by Tony:

That was a pitiful public response to Anthony's attempt at diplomacy. People earn reputations themselves, and you are earning yours with every post. You speak for yourself. Look at what you have written, and ask yourself if this is how you want to portray yourself to people who don't know you.

You are intending this for whom?

Originally posted by KBOND99:

Hey Anthony- graemlins/thumb.gif classy move, as for everyone else trying to make this a pissing contest (as Andrew said in typical CR fashion) get a life.

Thanks Kurt. I'm just trying to get shit straight, and this is a big step in doing it. More to come...

IPS sucks. I had to wait over 3 months to get my wideband from them. I mean what the hell. J/K, new place looks very nice. Can't wait to check it out. If you guys don't like your heat bill (assuming your using those heaters hanging), let me know and I can give you some info on a very nice waste-oil heating system that actually works. Just got one installed here at the shop, night and day compared to our other one.

well, it sure is warm and cuddly im here. guess thats nice to see. and since i called ant and made sure hes not terminally ill or anything, i guess its actually legit.

could this be the groundwork for a kinder, gentler cr? tune in next week kids......

p.s. rob, that was the funniest post i think ive ever seen you present.