Florida

Guest Rane

Guest Rane

Planning on taking a trip in the Z to stay in florida for a week or two sometime in June. Anyone know wich beaches I should be looking for.

Looking for the beaches with all the young people and plenty of girls. Gonna prolly get a beachhouse or whatever and bring a few people to kick it all week. Anyone know good places to look online and what beaches are poppin?

Guest stevil
Daytona Beach & Cocoa Beach are pretty cool. Seems like the east coast has a younger crowd, but it's been awhile since I've been to the west coast.

Guest ravedave
more so daytona than cocoa imo i'm wanting to go as well i have friends in orlando and i'm comtemplating whether i can do the 16 (12 if your good) hour drive it takes to get there.... if you need some roomies for the trip im me, gas and possibly free lodging might happen, but not free lodging if there's a lot of people....OCDaveP

Guest ravedave
well, gas costs getting split def, lodging can't guarentee if theres a few ppl going, but i know they want me to stay, and they were gon let my buddy ben, hit me up, we'll chat bout it

One thing to notice while you're down there is the driving behavior of the people from Florida. I used to think we had some stupid drivers in Ohio and went to Miami for vacation. They'll cut in front of you and not think twice about it..they're crazy down there for sure!

Any of the beaches in the Miami area are real nice. Daytona Beach was also nice.

Yea I did notice that Florida driver like to get infron of you with only about 1 1/4 cars space between yopu and that car in front while going like 65. Florida drivers even do that here, I almost hit a guy today because of that.

I guess they are used to driving in heavier traffic?

Ft. Lauderdale is a pretty good mix of people....and a great area...plus you're close enough that one night you could cruise down to Miami and check out Oceanfront Blvd. for the night...a must do if you've never been on a summer weekend night.

And yes...FL has the worst drivers ever...got married in the Key's last year and spent a couple of weeks down there constantly between the Key's and Ft. Lauderdale where my wife's family lives and it was the most frustrating driving experience ever. Florida drivers don't understand that the left lane is for passing and have no courtesy with slow driving on the right. They pick their favorite lane no matter what speed you're driving...you'll quickly find that they won't move out of the way with even with light flahses...just be ready to dodge all of the 50mph left lane drivers that you come across because they're lost in their own world and won't move over.

Guest GSRchick714
I went to Ft. Myers Beach on the Gulf Coast and it didn't have too many young people but we went over to Miami for a day and there were tons of people there. Plus the water on the Atlantic coast is soo much prettier.