ABSINTHE

DeathSandwich

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I've tried it (the real stuff, friend smuggled it from Europe). It was pretty good, but I didn't drink enough to get the mind-altering effects from it.

supposedly you are only supposed to do in the area of 2-4 shots because of the high volume of alcohol, you will just get drunk and the hallucination effects won't be noticeable. Just what I have heard.

There is website somewhere out there that tells all abou Absinthe, such as how to drink it, where to buy it, what the best brand is, etc

Originally posted by 94whitegsr:

anyone on here had it before? i had a few shots when i was in canada but then realized it wasn't the real stuff. i've been thinking of ordering some 'czech strong' by mail, but was wondering if anyone on here drinks it regularly, knows any good brands, or a good place to get it.

'THE GREEN FAIRY'

I got some experience with it. While i was in Germany i used to drink the stuff pretty reguraly. Absinthe is funny, it is usually between 160-180 proof (The real stuff) and like most "European" Hard Liquor it tastes like Black Licoreche (sp?). There have been a few times i started halucinating, but nothing to the extreme. The best thing i found was to do it the czech way, and eat a teaspoon of sugar with each shot....for some odd reason it gives more of a halucinating effect then. the stuff is by no means cheap and for the same amount of money you could get a bunch of shrooms and get a better more reliable trip.

i have three bottles of it right now...its pointless to drink it straight

when you order some order an "Absinthe spoon" (a spoon with holes in it)as well

there are two ways to drink it, put a sugar cube on the absinth spoon and slowly poor water over the cube and letting the water runn of into the drink, it should turn milkie white then drink it

or you can dip a sugar cube in absinth, the the cube on the spoon and light the cube on fire. once it becines to carmeliz the the carmel drip into the drink, when the flam is almost out mix in the rest of the cube and drink

if you dink it straight it take liek half a bottle to get drunk and is a waste of money... i get a bottle or so every two weeks, i have a friend that is going to jew school in isreale and she sends it back to me.

i get it for $18 per bottle without shipping

treat it like any other hallucinogen...if you are in a bad mood or work out (don't ask) when you do it, count on a bad trip. if you're generally chill or happy when you do it (and do it right) the trip will be mild but calming

you can get it on beerliquors.com but the wormwood stuff is expensive