1. 1. Which system

• PS3
    • XBox 360
    • Other (what and why)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been working on it for years now and that the wii came out first with it. It will destroy the Wii and they showed people using it. It was awesome. Plus lots of game developers are talking about making games for it.

Hmmmmm interesting debate.

360 for the games, plus it has netflix, and XBOX live marketplace.

PS3- for the blu ray. I'm not a huge fan on PSN

IF you aren't going to watch blu ray movies, why shell out more for a player you aren't going to use?

This is my bias opinion for the 360. Granted it has rrod twice now. 2nd day after purchase, then 6 months later. This new one is working good though.

that thing isn't going to be cheap. I voted ps3. its totaly wireless strait out of the box no usb adapter for it to be wireless. there is nothing wrong with psn. why would you complain about something that is free. I have an original ps3 60gig. it has sd card slots and it even plays ps2 games. you can find a ps3 40gig for 299 also that can do most of the same it just dont have a card reader and it don't play ps2 games

that thing isn't going to be cheap. I voted ps3. its totaly wireless strait out of the box no usb adapter for it to be wireless. there is nothing wrong with psn. why would you complain about something that is free. I have an original ps3 60gig. it has sd card slots and it even plays ps2 games. you can find a ps3 40gig for 299 also that can do most of the same it just dont have a card reader and it don't play ps2 games

I agree with you about the 60gig ps3. PSN online is free but you pay for xbox live servers. Its 50 dollars a year. Cheap. PSN servers are super slow and I hate having to update plus some of the updates brick your ps3. The PS2 is still out selling the ps3 and that is the reason Sony stoped backwards compatibility. Sony also made it free for developers to make games on the ps2. This means that they don't have to pay sony at all for making a ps2 game. Its all about money and the ps2 is cheap to make. Sony was losing money on the ps3. The xbox 360 system has been making money. Another thing about ps3 controllers being wireless is not always a good thing. If you use a lot like my friends do. The controller will have issues and randomly shut off. It starts to lose its charge but that is after having it for a while. I am not a sony hater. Its just things that I have seen with the ps3.

PS3 wins hands down. We have the Wii, 360, and PS3. Just as a start the PS3 is the best Blueray player on the market so it almost pays for it's self if you like HD movies. Wireless everything is great and we haven't had an issue at all with the controllers (wireless or recharging) or WiFi. The 360 is a money bucket. It's fun but with subscription fees, no built in WiFi, blah blah blah it just really falls short. Out of the 3 systems the 360 gets the least play/use.

I mostly PC game myself but that market is shrinking massively along with desktop PC sales.

PS3 wins hands down. We have the Wii, 360, and PS3. Just as a start the PS3 is the best Blueray player on the market so it almost pays for it's self if you like HD movies. Wireless everything is great and we haven't had an issue at all with the controllers (wireless or recharging) or WiFi. The 360 is a money bucket. It's fun but with subscription fees, no built in WiFi, blah blah blah it just really falls short. Out of the 3 systems the 360 gets the least play/use.

I mostly PC game myself but that market is shrinking massively along with desktop PC sales.

PC market is shrinking because of all the people that copy games and don't support anything. Its like those idiots that pirate movies and then they raise the price of tickets for everyone else.

I agree with you about the 60gig ps3. PSN online is free but you pay for xbox live servers. Its 50 dollars a year. Cheap. PSN servers are super slow and I hate having to update plus some of the updates brick your ps3. The PS2 is still out selling the ps3 and that is the reason Sony stoped backwards compatibility. Sony also made it free for developers to make games on the ps2. This means that they don't have to pay sony at all for making a ps2 game. Its all about money and the ps2 is cheap to make. Sony was losing money on the ps3. The xbox 360 system has been making money. Another thing about ps3 controllers being wireless is not always a good thing. If you use a lot like my friends do. The controller will have issues and randomly shut off. It starts to lose its charge but that is after having it for a while. I am not a sony hater. Its just things that I have seen with the ps3.

-PSN is only as slow as your own internet connection, when I used to live on OSU campus my connection was a 10mbps connection, downloads would be done blazing fast.

-PS2 is outselling the PS3, yes, but that's because the PS2 was one of the best systems ever made, rivaling SNES and the original GB's. The original and current XBOX suck ass (either due to bad games or RROD). And the fact that the PS2 is just now being released in South America and apparently selling well.

-I know many people with PS3's and a lot of them have had the system since it originally came out over a year ago. No controller problems whatsoever, unless you count running out of batteries after a +15hr gaming spree.

-You may not be a PS3 hater but you're deff misinformed about certain things.

Now to talk other side cuz i'm no XBOX hater.

I am no fan of the original XBOX but the 360 is great (except the RROD part) it has some great games (Halo, Left4Dead, GoW) and a great online system that you don't have to pay much for. Speed is always great and the PS3 loses on the fact that it just doesn't offer as much content.

I wish I had the funds to buy myself an XBOX360 so I could have 15hr gaming spree's of L4D =D

and that's my 2 cents and my rant quota for the day...

PS2 and Wii.

PS2 because I refuse to pay more than $150 for something I only play in the winter and rarely.

Wii because it was a gift to the kids for Christmas. I don't really care for it much except for bowling on Sports and Summer Sports has lawn darts.