Man hits 9 bikers head on

NinjaNick

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=7507E566C7FF88F92A438A5A37D560AF?contentId=6871659&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating an accident involving a single vehicle and ten motorcycles that sent a total of 12 people to area hospitals.

FHP said the accident happened Saturday morning when a 2004 Hyundai driven by Tom Romeo, 52, of Dundee was eastbound on US- 17-92 east of Old Tampa Highway and drifted into the other lane at the same time as a group of motorcyclists who were heading westbound were passing.

The front of Romeo’s car hit the second motorcycle in line and caused a domino effect that wrecked the motorcycles behind it.

Four riders were seriously injured and flown to Orlando Regional Medical Center. Four others were taken to Osceola Regional Medical Center and the rest were taken to Florida Hospital Kissimmee.

The road was closed for several hours while it was being cleaned up and investigators combed the scene.

FHP said charges are pending and that the Romeo may have suffered some type of medical problem.

12 injured and charges are pending?!?!?! MAY have a medical condition?!?!?!?!:rolleyes: I don't give a shit!

Now if a biker does anything its a guaranteed ticket and any and all charges filed most likely ending with a bike impounded.

A car takes out 12 guys... no big deal. BUT....

If it were a biker doing something wrong, throw the book at 'em... :rolleyes:

12 injured and charges are pending?!?!?! MAY have a meedical condition?!?!?!?!:rolleyes: I don't give a shit!

Now if a biker does anything its a guaranteed ticket and any and all charges filed most likely ending with a bike impounded.

A car takes out 12 guys... no big deal. BUT....

If it were a biker doing something wrong, throw the book at 'em... :rolleyes:

Of course...thats how our legal system works

Bikers also do not have to wear gear at all! No helmat law or leathers its to hot. Gloves and boots not a chance. Also they drive extreamly fast all the time and can go down the center lanes of traffic. Very crazy!!!

In reguards to the older man you are right infested with nothing but old people expecially up north where they are talking. Wish all the riders quick recovery

Bikers also do not have to wear gear at all! No helmat law or leathers its to hot. Gloves and boots not a chance. Also they drive extreamly fast all the time and can go down the center lanes of traffic. Very crazy!!!

In reguards to the older man you are right infested with nothing but old people expecially up north where they are talking. Wish all the riders quick recovery

They have a helmet law. If you are 21 or under you have to wear a helmet. If you are over 21, you do not have to wear a helmet only if you are carrying an insurance policy that coverages a minimum of $10,000 in medical benefits that covers injuries occurring while operating or riding a motorcycle.

So not knowing the riders ages and coverages they could be found liable for their own medical bills even if the guy in the cage was at fault.

10,000 in medical coverage? is that a joke? a decent accident with no gear could use that up in an hour. IF you live through it.

Yeah it could, hell even with gear on it certainly still could. My broken leg last year cost about $300k when it was all said and done

The point is we all should have medical insurance and those who don't should try to get it. The shitty thing is no mater what Bikes are out on the road and most drivers just don't look. Gear or no gear you go down it will leave a mark you, bike or both.

That is just ridiculous. I don't know how they can feel good making a charge like that.:(

Well Nick.....in order to be a medflight nurse you need at least 5 years of ED experience in a level one trauma center with multiple other certifications. It's not like it's rural metro or some other transport company carting around a patient that has learned to tube someone but never had the opportunity to do it. These people are trained to save your life and have done so on a regular basis. They are the only ones in the helicoptor to save your life IF you become a trauma arrest. I know it's a lot of money. It sucks but they save a lot of people's lives. Plus there's lots of overhead too. It's not like nurses get paid that much money for the responsibility they hold. There's my 2 cents. :p

I am glad to see that RN wages are finally at a somewhat respectable level. And some Hospitals are paying students schooling for contracts to work after graduation.

For the longest time RNs were severly underpaid (and still are somewhat).

I believe now Average is roughly around $60-70k