Cool Story

Thomas Aquinas

Guest RJ1074

that story kind of reminds me of the book "Desperation" by Steven King.

I just skimmed the story, but I dont remember it saying anything anout a Hodag.... what page is that part on.

And that boy scout thing is just a stupid story where they pretended that a watermelon was a Hodag egg... :stupid:

Originally posted by Crankshaft:

<font color ="midnightblue"> K, just finished it. It's 46 pages in MS Word, 12 font TNR, BTW, for anyone who's thinking of taking it on (seems alot shorter on the actual website).

I'm speechless; it must be like a ghost story, because it's too perfectly written in suspense to be real. But I'll be damned if I'm not hearing noises outside my window now... *shivers*

I also did some searching and found this site to be rather interesting. It looks like some boyscouts found a live Hodag? I don't feel like reading it all right now, but here's the link.

And here is a 'history' of the Hodag.

Geez, I'm obsessed now! *glances warily around*

-garrett

did you get just the ten pages on the website? or is there more that you were able to find?

Whoa, hey guys, sorry no response from my original post. I'm glad everyone like the story. My opinion is this: The story is very well written, and keeps you on the edge of your seat and in the end you want more. I mean this would make an awesome movie!!! In all honesty I believe some parts to be true and some false. The cave exploration to the new area true, maybe even the writings on the wall, but the whole supernatural thing probably made up. Nonetheless a cool story that I am glad everyone enjoyed. The pictures are cool too. I guess the whole idea of going to somewhere unknown and what actually lies deep in the earth is kinda cool. I'm not sure about the whole hodag thing...

hahahaha, I think some people let their imaginations get the better of them.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by Thomas Aquinas:

Whoa, hey guys, sorry no response from my original post. I'm glad everyone like the story. My opinion is this: The story is very well written, and keeps you on the edge of your seat and in the end you want more. I mean this would make an awesome movie!!! In all honesty I believe some parts to be true and some false. The cave exploration to the new area true, maybe even the writings on the wall, but the whole supernatural thing probably made up. Nonetheless a cool story that I am glad everyone enjoyed. The pictures are cool too. I guess the whole idea of going to somewhere unknown and what actually lies deep in the earth is kinda cool. I'm not sure about the whole hodag thing...

hahahaha, I think some people let their imaginations get the better of them.

<font color ="midnightblue"> Noooo damn you! It has to be true, it's too cool to be just a story! :mad:

I'll keep checking into it- I'm not gonna let it go without knowing completely what the story behind it is, but yeah, I would tend to agree that it's part true, part false.

And Aquinas- very nice way to start yourself off here at CR. We've had alot of asshats lately, so way to go graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest Rane
I believe it can be plenty true. Because, alot of us have experienced some crazy shit. I haven't seen anyone dislike it so it is definitly good enough for people who don't believe it to get a kick out of it. And people who do believe it to really enjoy it as well. Great story :-D Let us know what you find out.

Crankshaft, thanks for the compliment man. I'm new to columbus as well. I'll have lived here for year this July. I try to check in here as much as I can. All right, back to the story. My buddy at work emailed me the link I can't recall where he got it from.

I really think the guys just kinda made up the whole spookiness of it. Not that I'm saying I didn't get scared when I read it, but some things got me a little suspicious. Like in the first half there were lots of pictures of the "hole" and their progress, but after that no pics. He has a pic of himself in the hole, and "B" but no pic of Joe? So I honestly think the scary stuff was made up. Man, was it written well. Like someone early wrote, its a new style writing. He uses the internet to give you "updates" and the ability to show real photos. I think it is very creative and the person did a very good job. Anyways, I'm glad it went over well with you guys.

I'm probably going to have to go check out those Indian caves up 23, I'll keep you guys updated....hahaha