Microsoft at it again

tandm

Check out the system requirements to run Longhorn :eek:

"Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today."

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1581842,00.asp

Originally posted by Foo Lights:

[QB]My AMD Athlon XP 3500+ > Longhorn

QB]

+1....That's what I got...with 512mb. With 180gb using raid striping....Hyperthreading, too.

Originally posted by Rane:

+1 wtf is longhorn. That one unreal game that is sposed to come out in a couple years will own everyones comps.

Microsoft makes code names for their beta applications.... Longhorn is the beta name for the new version of Windows.

Guest Rane
Lol croco, its ok. Stick to your slow moving multi-player insane gameplay of Halo :-D. Was just saying what you need to run the game there working on now is insane.

Originally posted by Rane:

Lol croco, its ok. Stick to your slow moving multi-player insane gameplay of Halo :-D. Was just saying what you need to run the game there working on now is insane.

Halo sux too. :D War games ownz j00 all graemlins/bubbrubb.gif

Guess it just goes to show that programmers got lazy over the years. When I started in programming like 12+ years ago programmers still tried to streamline there code to run faster. Now its see how much useless shit we can throw in to slow it down. I guess its like the ricers and stickers. Try and make the car so heavy that it dies.

Guest FuelforFire
Originally posted by Will race for fuel:

My AMD Athlon XP 3500+ > Longhorn

MS is once again blowing things outta proportion :rolleyes:

ATHLONS BLOW......well, they blow up easily....they heat up easily and burn.

Originally posted by TurboDuo:

Ignorance is bliss......

AMD >ShiTell

:D

+1010232432542

Funny that my AMD 2500 runs so much faster than my cousins P4 3.2ghz. And cost twice as less.... Out of all the PC's I've built with AMD's, not one has burned up (except from a DOA mobo..)

Guest powers
Originally posted by Where The Wild Things Are:

dude not to get on your case but with the cars I see in your vehicles section i don't really think I would take take advise from you on anything.

Again not busting your balls just saying how I feel

Guest powers
Originally posted by Where The Wild Things Are:

Hey don't you know that when your making more power you make more heat. That's just the way it works with everything.