Beer Review: Dark BrouCzech

Guest Ranger_Man

Guest Ranger_Man

i got this beer for my birthday and have yet to crack it open. however, today it caught my attention sitting in the fridge. you might also notice the time at which im posting this. well, its like this: if you need it to be 5 o'clock before you start drinking, or you say, "HAHA! well its 5 o'clock somewhere!", you are not a real drinking. if you consider yourself a real drinker and say those things, i wish bad juju at you, AND YOU DONT WANT THE BAD JUJU!!

bottle: it is a brown bottle that comes in a larger size than most beer (1 pint, .9 fl. oz. the top of the front of the bottle says the following, "Masterpeice of hand-brewing. since 1872.", while the bottom says, "Czech beer. Dark BrouCzech. Brewed and bottled by nova paka brewery, Nova Paka, Czech Republic. there is also a picture of the brewery in a black/white artsy style. The back of the bottle states the following: "Brouczech is a true traditional lager. handmade the same way since 1872, using the original 3 step brewing method. medium golden color, natural head, rich hoppy and malty aroma with a slight hint of sweetness leaves a very pleasant aftertaste. cheers from the czech republic!". well, cheers back to you czech republic.

pour: the beer pours out a medium-dark color with a small, thin tan head that rapidly dissapears. not much carbonation is present and it smells very malty.

taste: the czechs have bottled a candy store mixed with hops and it is utterly insane. this beer is freaking nuts! i kid you not it leaves an aftertaste of sweet chocolate goodness, kind of like Beyonce . there is a slight bitterness at the first taste which is a nice balance with the "sweet chocolate goodness" aftertaste. this beer is mighty, mighty tasty.

overall: this beer could be the scourge of beer enthusiats around the world because it is liable to turn even the hardcore professional into a raging alcoholic. so my recommendation? drink it, but with caution.

http://s90651370.onlinehome.us/brouczech.jpg

Guest Ranger_Man

like i said, i got it for my birthday so i do not know where it came from or how much it was. however, i do know that it was a store in the short north. if requested i could get the information.

this beer ranks up there in the "i can't stop drinking it" category. however, the top pedestal would have to go to chimay (pronounced shim-A) cinq cents.

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by MJ:

Aaron, my dad is headed to Prague again this week. Any requests? :D

yes... everything.

the shop is in the north market and is called "the grapes of mirth".

chimay cinq cents would probably also be there. i know cinq cents is carried by the andersons and most specialty beer stores.