Leaving for Houston

MrMeanGreen

I'm going on a business trip to Houston, Texas for electrical training. I'll be gone today through the 28th, so don't destroy the place. Luckily, the Hampton Inn I'm staying at has high-speed connections in every room, so I'll be able to get on CR every night.

However, remember that my brother, the Mods, and the Senior Members Committee here on CR are here for a reason, and they're here for you. Don't hesitate to contact them with any problems you may have or issues that may arise. I still have email ability, so if you feel something absolutely needs my direct attention, feel free to email or PM me.

That being said, it's in the 90s in Houston and I plan on enjoying every minute of it graemlins/grin2.gif

[ 17. October 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Burst Knock ]

Have fun in Houston! I used to live there, and it's a pretty fun place. Make sure to check out the Galleria on Westheimer if you have some money. They've got a nice Needless Markup (Neimen Marcus) there, if you want nice stuff for the holidays.

Ha, here I am. It's 85* and muggy as all hell. I managed to get a smoking room with a king-size bed since I reserved it two weeks ago :D

I miss the wife and kids, but it pays the bills and then some.

This area is nice, I'm in the Techniplex just off of Route 8 for those familiar with the area. Whataburger, Jack In the Box, IHOP, Sonic, etc. (all the good shit Columbus doesn't have) are all within walking distance.

Not a bad place, but people give me funny looks when I wear my OSU hat around. They're jealous graemlins/nod.gif

I'll be around.

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

Ha, here I am. It's 85* and muggy as all hell. I managed to get a smoking room with a king-size bed since I reserved it two weeks ago :D

This area is nice, I'm in the Techniplex just off of Route 8 for those familiar with the area. Whataburger, Jack In the Box, IHOP, Sonic, etc. (all the good shit Columbus doesn't have) are all within walking distance.

Not a bad place, but people give me funny looks when I wear my OSU hat around. They're jealous graemlins/nod.gif

I'll be around.

DAMN, wish I was there.. going to get the paper this morning with it being in the low 40's sucked. :(

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

I'll be around.

Do they have any Carl's Junior's there?

:cool:

You are making everyone jealous!

I hope you get sunburnt!

tongue.gif

Originally posted by The DropTop:

WTF is a carl junior?

Say hello to the Beer-man for us.

http://www.carlsjr.com

Striking similarity to "hardees".

;)

I used to eat at a Carl's everyday when I worked across the street from the University Of Arizona in Tucson.

Mmm Mmm Good.

Also ate @ Jack In The Box on off days.

I miss the west sometimes.

:(

Originally posted by HR:

http://www.carlsjr.com

Striking similarity to "hardees".

;)

I used to eat at a Carl's everyday when I worked across the street from the University Of Arizona in Tucson.

Mmm Mmm Good.

Also ate @ Jack In The Box on off days.

I miss the west sometimes.

:(

Go back to Arizona. :D

Holy shit, Carl's! :D I used to live in L.A., and my family used to make every friday night Carl's Jr. night when I was a kid and buy burgers for everyone. Hardee's is pretty much the same thing, different name. Anyone know if there's a Hardee's here in c-bus?

Jack In The Box kicked some serious ass too, and Sonic was really good. Better then having only Burger King, McDonalds, and Taco Bell to choose from.

I miss the west too, but no way in hell would I want to live in Commiefornia now. Their laws on cars are getting to be utter bullshit.

Originally posted by Mensan:

I lived in Tucson from 88-91, when were you there? I lived near 6th/Valencia.

My family traveled extesively when I was young..I was in tuscon or phoenix just about every year for years..

Last time when I worked at the computer shop was in 98-99.

Used to frequent the Tanque Verde Swap Meet!

graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by HR:

My family traveled extesively when I was young..I was in tuscon or phoenix just about every year for years..

Last time when I worked at the computer shop was in 98-99.

Used to frequent the Tanque Verde Swap Meet!

graemlins/thumb.gif

Shawn, can you pick me up from the airport next Thursday since you have the day off? Tina has my flight information.