help me!!!!

Guest supermopar

Guest supermopar

ok all you guys who are grerat at this computer shit---listen up---please!!

ok, i have roadrunner and spy-bot ad remover, nortons anti-virus, and a sygate firewall system......heres my problem------everytime i open internet explorer there are two fukin "search bars" that i cannot find in my add/remove programs list, nor on my computer at all and spy- bot dosent take it off either......also my "home" page is forever stuck on http://www.hotwebsearch.com/......AND I CANNOT CHANGE IT!!!!!----- aww shit im so frustrated!!!! any suggestions and please help!!!??? :mad:

#1: Make sure to "check for updates" before running Spybot.

#2: Go to download.com and d/l Ad Aware Build 181. Make sure to have the program check for updates before doing the scan. Ad Aware is pretty much the best of all of the Spyware removal programs. I use both Ad Aware and Spybot: Search and Destroy in conjunction and have no Spyware problems w/ any of my PC's.

HIJACKTHIS is a good one for giving your a list of things such as search bars. You do have to sort through them all manually and find the ones that don't belong, checkmark them, and then hit the fix marked button. Its cool though.

Evan

Originally posted by yenner:

haha.

worked. thanks Joe.

No problem. I deal with this a lot at work (you should see some of the totally messed up machines people somehow try to surf the net with). Those two programs are a lifesaver. I'm not a big fan of the new Spybot interface; I'm still using their previous version; haven't decided if I'll upgrade or not.