Word XP help

tandm

I don't know much about Word XP for Windows since I use Office for Mac. I have a really great feature in mine where I can make a notebook with tabbed sections and what have you. I just wanted to know if there was a feature like this in Word XP. I'm doing something for work and this is all I have. I did some Google searches and came up with nothing. I'm attaching a picture of what I'm talking about. Thanks smile.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/word2004/images/ftrsfull_word_01.gif

Hmm, I think I understand what you mean, but I have never actually tried to do something like that in Word. MS access might be what you need to use, since it can create reports. They can be set up to have sections.

Originally posted by nathan96:

Hmm, I think I understand what you mean, but I have never actually tried to do something like that in Word. MS access might be what you need to use, since it can create reports. They can be set up to have sections.

I'm very fluent in Access and it can't do what I want.

What I want is basically and electronic notebook that people can just click on the tabbed sections to go to different parts of the documents. I already suggested hyperlinked documents, but the powers that be don't like that idea much.

Originally posted by Nelson Mandela:

Have you considered maybe using Adobe Acrobat?

Can you make PDF files as easily as Word files? Here's the deal. This has to be about as dumbed down as possible so any Joe Schmo can edit it. Until now we've just had paper and binders, but I know there has to be a better way. If it were up to me, I'de just write everything up in HTML ;)