GT4

96MustangCobra

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Ricochet:

If any of you need money, 2nd race in the Special Condition area will win you a toyota rally car worth $264k. You need to have a rally car for this race though.

Thanks, I need money. smile.gif 590hp Z06's are not cheap. Unless you turn around in sell them, in which case, you lose $100k and get $11k outta it.

I got a 96 240sx, its kouki(I thought that started in 97? or is that only in the states?)

I also saw a 1996 240sx on the used car lot that was a S-13 coupe?? They made the s-13 body(Yes flipups) in 96!?!?

Guest Lunareklipse

If any of you need money, 2nd race in the Special Condition area will win you a toyota rally car worth $264k. You need to have a rally car for this race though.

yeah, you acually dont need a rally car, i used my 350z race car.. and can you win this car more than once? or just the one time?

HERES HOW TO GET STARTED EASILY!!!!!

Start off with a 97/98 Civic Type R.

Race the begining races untill you get enough to buy the stage one turbo kit, or wait a lil longer to buy stage two. If you wait, its actully easier. After adding the stage 2 kit, add more mods to the civic untill you hit about 300hp... i was at 298. Race all the Civic races in the Honda dealership section. Once you win them all, you get the Mugen Civic Race car. Its worth 94k and change.

After that, buy an EvoVIII GSR, stage 3 turbo kit, and all that fun stuff untill you have about 500-525hp. Now race all the first Japan championship set of races and you win the 350Z Concept LM Race Car.

Once you have this car, the game is almost too easy.

Guest Lunareklipse
yeah its true, i've been using it for most everything I can.. it realy handles like a madman.. also if you keep doing that circut you get another one to sell for 318,000.. theres so much shit to do in this game, your gonna need this car.. its kinda like getting the f1 cars in gt3, except you had to waste you life away on endurance races to get those.. so i guess you at least had to work for it. but when you use this thing you usually only get 1 aspec point for winning.. now since i dont have the book, till i buy it on monday.. i have no clue what good they are.

fuckin' sweet thanks man, it helped me pimp my rally evo out a shit load, now if I could just get my IB and IA liscenses...

Well, I guess I'm gonna come on here and be the dissenting voice.

Bought it this afternoon. Even picked up an Enzo wheel for it, for shits n grins...

Anyway - been playing it for about 2 hours. Can't say anything specifically bad about it. But I just turned it off and came upstairs to surf. Its gone in the game bin down in the den and probably won't see daylight again: I just... got bored of it. In two hours.

Same old same old. Bleh.

Soundtrack rocks though. I'll be picking that up.

Yeah the 35oZ Race Car is too bad ass. I imported the money and the licenses like the rest and modded out the Evo 8 MR. The beginning races aren't even fun with a car like that so I jumped into all the japanese races. I won the 350 LM car and its retarded easy now. I'm on the 13th test of my iB license and i'm going to get my other 2 before I even start racing again. How many times did you take that z4 through the cones? I did it like a hundred times and i still haven't got gold.

I wish they had more choices tuner shop wise. I like the few they selected to put on the game but other big names would have been nice.

Guest Lunareklipse
dude, first off with the damn cone challenge, you have to use manual tranny, and watch the demo and see when the computer lets off the gas and when they change gears.. but yeah I finally got gold on the first one to find i had to do it all over again with no stabilty management.. good times..

Guest 1QWKEVO

i was really hopin they would add car damage, itd make the game so much harder!! but i guess when they say the real simulater(sp) they went as far as detail on the cars and track cause, unless you really mod the evo mr which was my first car i bought, almost 200k dollars with the price of the car so far ive spent it handles and kills amazingly!! but stock the evo mr is so much harder to control in thie game than and 03 evo8 does in real life. saying that from experiance...they need to have car damage and when you pit show the guys actually doing the work like in nascar games...also the prices and hp gains from performance mods need to be accurate!!

i also noticed the Mclaren F1 car is like 3.5 million in game, i forget the exact price but i remember in GT3 is was only 1 million and the most expensive car!! instead of holding off the game so long to add the photo shoots and other stupid shit they should have made sure its was truely the "ultimate" driving simulater

Guest doggunracing
Originally posted by Rane:

I got a 96 240sx, its kouki(I thought that started in 97? or is that only in the states?)

I also saw a 1996 240sx on the used car lot that was a S-13 coupe?? They made the s-13 body(Yes flipups) in 96!?!?

I've seen many sources say 96's in Japan were Kouki's so I'm guessing it was a mid-year change and people were too lazy to call it a 96.5.

There shouldn't be a (flip-up) coupe in 96, but a hatchback. 180SX's stayed in production until 96. The Type X is in GT4, it's just a different bodykit and taillights, but it was factory.

Originally posted by 1QWKEVO:

i also noticed the Mclaren F1 car is like 3.5 million in game, i forget the exact price but i remember in GT3 is was only 1 million and the most expensive car!! instead of holding off the game so long to add the photo shoots and other stupid shit they should have made sure its was truely the "ultimate" driving simulater

You do realize that they can only do so much with the ps2 hadware.

Has anyone even come close to beating the all american championship? I've got a 740hp Z06, with all mods except the brake bias controller, stage 3 clutch, and stage 3 weight reduction...and the lead race car is still putting a minute on me after 5 laps. I'm gonna come back to this race later. But I'm curious if anyones beat it yet?