anybody's wife/gf/S.O. do this?

natedogg624

Isn't there a course like the richard petty driving school but on bikes where you can ride on the bike with an experienced rider and put your knee on the ground.

Not sure if he still does it but the owner and organizer of Team ProMotion used to take people for rides during sessions.

Story 1.

A journalist guy for Harley Davidson or custom cruiser magazine came dow to see "what this trackday thing was about"

He gets to rent a Buell and ride in the basic schooling group. At about 2/3 through the day he says that this is worthless and the stupidest thing he has done. No fun.

Glenn the owner says let me take you around the track on the back for a few laps. He agrees and sets his bike up best he can.

This was on VIR south course where Advaced times are around 1:20 to 1:14s and Glenn takes him around and clocks off some 19s and a 18 with this guy on the back. Now for the :eek: part this guy weighed about 250lbs

Story 2,VIR south course again. I am running 1:19s -1:20s behind a yellow CBR 600 (on my 03 Gix 600) and getting held up in several spots never quite close enough to stick the front wheel in.

So going into the last corner a double apex I setup extra wide for a run to make a pass into T1.

As I hit the 1st apex Glenn sticks his Gix 1000 underneath me with a passanger on the back...

Now Glenn and one of his coaches that October were the ones who evaluated me for my race license certificate.

After the session I find Glenn and he is already laughing at me. Evidently he was behind me for 2-3 laps as I fought to get around this guy and when he saw me setup wide in the last corner knew I was trying to setup a pass for T1 and to a smartass passed me on the inside...

Not sure if he still does it but the owner and organizer of Team ProMotion used to take people for rides during sessions.

Story 1.

A journalist guy for Harley Davidson or custom cruiser magazine came dow to see "what this trackday thing was about"

He gets to rent a Buell and ride in the basic schooling group. At about 2/3 through the day he says that this is worthless and the stupidest thing he has done. No fun.

Glenn the owner says let me take you around the track on the back for a few laps. He agrees and sets his bike up best he can.

This was on VIR south course where Advaced times are around 1:20 to 1:14s and Glenn takes him around and clocks off some 19s and a 18 with this guy on the back. Now for the :eek: part this guy weighed about 250lbs

Story 2,VIR south course again. I am running 1:19s -1:20s behind a yellow CBR 600 (on my 03 Gix 600) and getting held up in several spots never quite close enough to stick the front wheel in.

So going into the last corner a double apex I setup extra wide for a run to make a pass into T1.

As I hit the 1st apex Glenn sticks his Gix 1000 underneath me with a passanger on the back...

Now Glenn and one of his coaches that October were the ones who evaluated me for my race license certificate.

After the session I find Glenn and he is already laughing at me. Evidently he was behind me for 2-3 laps as I fought to get around this guy and when he saw me setup wide in the last corner knew I was trying to setup a pass for T1 and to a smartass passed me on the inside...

quoted for mad skillz