Free credit reports (no gimmicks)

MrMeanGreen

Cool. I knew that was coming, but wasn't sure when. Too bad you only get 1 free one per year though. They should let you at least pull 2 a year. Hell, it's your own credit history, you should be able to pull the damn thing whenever you want and not have to pay for it ever.

well, from what i'm reading, unless i'm reading it wrong it says "you get one free report per year from EACH of the 3 agencies" now i figure you can use one at a time for a total of 3 per year since you do not have to use all 3 at the same time!

is anybody else coming up with this or am i way off!

Comments?

Originally posted by Homey D. Clown:

So will this drop your rating? When we closed on our house, they said the more inquiries you had on your credit, the worse it looks; and can even lower your score.

No, credit agencies don't include themselves when counting "hits" on your report.

But the above is partially true about the hits counting against you. If it's a lot in a short time period, your score will lower for about 60 days by a few points.

Originally posted by Matt Sterbator:

http://www.nbc4i.com/money/4238200/detail.html

I just pulled mine up with minimal effort.

Your the shit, thanks a bunch.

I finally took some time to let those bastages know what my official real name is. I have been getting credit card inquiries for the last 3 years under the wrong last name.

But nothing outstanding, woo hoo. No late payments and no collections.