initial d

ohio_wookie

the first four episodes of the new season have been released in japan on dvd, and are availible on the internet. i just got them in the mail. for those of you who dont know the fourth stage is based on tak and the takahashi brothers start the new team, ill watch them and tell you all how they are.

Originally posted by AustinL911:

wtf is initial d?

A pretty farfetched anime of touge drifting. Made the price of AE86's skyrocket. You can barely get one for under $2k. Also brought all the kids that were all into Fast and Furious to try to get into the drifting scene. I watched a few episodes. Anyone want to buy the Third stage on DVD? (Not a Tokyo Pop edition) I paid $25 for it only watched it once before I realized I didn't like it. No scratches I'll sell it for $8-10.

Originally posted by Jon:

A pretty farfetched anime of touge drifting. Made the price of AE86's skyrocket. You can barely get one for under $2k. Also brought all the kids that were all into Fast and Furious to try to get into the drifting scene. I watched a few episodes. Anyone want to buy the Third stage on DVD? (Not a Tokyo Pop edition) I paid $25 for it only watched it once before I realized I didn't like it. No scratches I'll sell it for $8-10.

I'll take it....Send me a pm.

-Mike

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

it wont be long before initial d is gonna be a discrace to anyone that drives and import just like that god damn movie

You go to Club4AG or any AE86 forum and it pretty much has came to that.

Guest mudbutt
Initial D is nowhere near F&F. The quoted specs are somewhat realistic and the storyline isnt horrible(heard it was based on a true story?)Just because club 4a is a bunch of ae86 nutswingers doesnt mean initial d is totally at fault. There is no silvia based movie and look at all the "drift" retardedness they fall victim to.

Ok, Mud Butt is right. Initial D is nowhere near Fast and the Furious. Initial D came out way before that movie.

Second, UPS Yours, way to use the bastardized American caracter name. graemlins/jerkit.gif

And the show did not spark the drifting craze. Drifting has been around for several years now. It has just recently became popular here in the U.S.

And if you want to be more specific, Initial D isn't based on drifting, it's based on Togue runs. Drifting is just a by product of drivers finding the fastest way to race on the mountain passes, that eventually found it's way to the streets of Japan and then turned into a judged contest.

Class dismissed.

Originally posted by Snakey Cactus:

Initial D isn't based on drifting, it's based on Togue runs.

Uh durr, that's what I said. kthx I knew ID came out before F&F, but a lot kids are just starting to figure out what it is and Tokyo pop are giving it more hype now. I'm just biased on this b/c I'm an AE86 guy.