Spyware...

Dual Webers Suck

Earlier today, for some reason or another, a Lycos search bar icon came onto my desktop, which lead me to believe I had spyware on my computer.

I ran a freshly updated AdAware, deleted something like 116 files (Wow! I downloaded NOTHING intentionally since the couple days before when I last ran AdAware.), and I proceed to go to Google. Search for something, I get a popup ONLY when I search, and it's a page advertising whatever word I happen to search for. I tested it with other search engines, and they all do the same thing. I ran AdAware again, and it caught nothing. I ran SpyBot and it found some more stuff, but it didn't fix my problem. I looked in MSConfig, and nothing out of the ordinary is loading. Can ANYBODY tell me how to get rid of this?!

I apologize in advance for any spelling or grammatical mistakes, and if the paragraph needs spaced better. I'm tired, sorry. smile.gif

Use Pest Patrol, Adaware and others do not get rid of LOPs, Pest Patrol Does. I can serve you a zip file of it if you want to download it from my server. I will not be able to do that until tonight. e-mail me @ bbotte@insight.rr.com and I can give you the address and instructions.

[ 20. May 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: WRallyBlue02 ]

My daughter got on my PC the other day and did God knows what. :rolleyes: I had popups and a host of other things going on. I tried AdAware, then SpyBot, and I still had problems. :mad: Then I went to www.download.com and downloaded Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner 1.12. It won't remove the spyware, but it does find everything that's still on your PC. If you click on what it finds, it will take you to a web page that tells you how to manually remove it. 2 hours later, after messing with registry entries, I was completely spyware free and back to normal. graemlins/thumb.gif

So if either of those don't work 100%, try Bazooka and do it manually like I did. Good luck... :D