The Carter

Guest Rane

Guest Rane
Anyone who likes rap should buy or burn that CD. Lil Wayne-The carter. One of the better hip hop albums I've heard in a long time. Llyod banks hunger for more is pretty good to. Far from the average G-unit crap.

yea lil wayne is underrated..this cd is pretty nice..

im not real big on lloyd banks though but i might download it anyway..i heard the beats were nice

those that say lil wayne sucks must not know much about the genre..

Originally posted by telsea:

those that say lil wayne sucks must not know much about the genre..

graemlins/wtf.gif I have listen to Rap music longer than most people on this board have been living. I know all about the genre. I dont think he is very good he had a line in one song like this Greatest rapper alive since the greatest rapper alive retired or something like that it had me like WTF is that dude on he is nowhere near a great one at best average.

Most people feel they are the best at what they do. I take that line with a grain of salt. Wayne doesn't suck, if you dont like him thats one thing, but to say he sucks is another.

I won't challenge what u say u know about 'rap' music because it will be pointless. I'm 30 yrs old and I'm probably more involved with hip hop than you and most people on this board...so what smile.gif ?

Originally posted by telsea:

Most people feel they are the best at what they do. I take that line with a grain of salt. Wayne doesn't suck, if you dont like him thats one thing, but to say he sucks is another.

I won't challenge what u say u know about 'rap' music because it will be pointless. I'm 30 yrs old and I'm probably more involved with hip hop than you and most people on this board...so what smile.gif ?

I wasnt stating I knew more Im just giving you and everyone else that reads this thread my .02 I not pushing it as a fact just what I thought of him.

Rap is a part of hip hop. Its just that most of the music today doesn't reflect the true meaning of it. Most of the mainstream music is considered rap. Artists that u rarely hear like, Murs, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Roots, Blazing Arrow, provide the true essence of hip hop with their music.

Hip Hop is like a culture, and rap is like a subculture if u will. It includes, breakdancing, graffiti, the DJ, and the rapper.

[ 08. July 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: telsea ]

Guest Rane

I think hip hop, music wise is somewhat about the struggle or whatever and making it out. Most people who "Rap" are still caught up in it so thats what the rap about. Most people who just talk about how big there diamonds are I don't really listen to -.-;. Rap or not lil wayne's CD is good and it has to take some balls to make a song about missing your old "Dawgs" who have dissed you since then(I miss my dawgs, think thats the title.)

Anyways, if the people you listed are hip hop I guess I don't like them. And Tupac would still be considered rap so I don't like hip hop as much :-(. I listen to lil scrappy and stuff too, good music to listen to if you know your gonna get in a fight or something :). As much as most of you hate physical conflict, guess what it happens and uh I don't run from it. Specially when its rich kids who have to much 50 cent in there brain.

I get what you're saying kinda..who dissed lil wayne..juve? bg? turk? ..

tupac was a reflection of hip hop..its just that his earlier work portrayed that more than his releases with death row and there after..

music is definitely influential..so songs by lil scrappy, lil jon, can be listened to get a person hyped up..but it doesnt make it good music..

the south is based much more on music (drum and bass) than lyrics..i can respect what all parts of the country bring to the culture..i just dont have to like it all..

its entertainment first, if u are able to gain something from it, good, i just hope its positive smile.gif

Guest Rane

Yea Tupac is more of an example of what I see in hip hop and rap. Most of the people who do hip hop have been apart of what rappers talk about but they actually have remorse for it. Like Tupac goes from gangsta rap to, I'm sorry for what I did but I had to do it lets just kick back and chill now and have a good time. BG left hotboys and dissed them all. Juve I think is back on the same lable with lil wayne cause there in eachothers videos sometimes. Turk left, Squad dissed Lil Wayne.

I like Rap and hip hop just not kanye west. I can do one or the other or both. I guess I just like crunk music cause someone is always fighting when I go places or when I'm working out something that gives you that extra umph always helps. I used to like lil wayne back in the day to I have to say he has came along way. The Carter is full of good beats and rap :-p. Anyways rap to me is like "I feel like the world is against me and wants to see me fail so I'm hustlin with my true few boys."(Wich is sort of what I'm feelin so guess thats why I listen to it all lol.) Hip hop is like, either telling people they can make it out to in a more positive way. Or just making music everyone can listen to together that will help them through there shit. That all the while somewhat saying your sorry for the other stuff.

yea BG had left, he was heroine I believe, and wasn't managing his money properly which caused some issues with him and Baby (ceo of Cash Money)..therefore he saw that as beef because they tried to help him when he saw it as them hurting him.

Juve left cause of financial reasons also, he made this last album on Cash Money to help finance his record label UTP. So yes, he's back with CM, but its more business than personal..

Not sure of the situation with Turk..

I've always liked Lil Wayne myself, moreso his mixtape songs, but alot of people sleep on him for some reason. He's not great, he's decent.

Guest Rane
Yea? You like his mixstuff like jackin yo beats that he did with squad? Download the Prefix if you don't have it thats his new one that came out most recent with alot of beats from the black album.