TROY SMITH > **

Berto

Agreed. I was optimistic about Zwick at the beginning of the season, but boy he fell apart under pressure quickly as well as demonstrating on multiple occasions that he didn't know what to do w/ the ball when blitzed.

I hope Ross stays benched permanently as I feel that that is what helped OSU put some points on the board today. No Ross to fumble the ball or go toward the other team's goal, and no Zwick to take sacks in the backfield.

We just need to keep in the backs of our minds that this was against Indiana who is not the greatest team and on top of that played bad today, so hopefully this will be a good warm-up for T. Smith and Pittman as starters to help them prepare for Penn State next week.

Iowa, who kicked the living shit out of us last week only beat Penn State by 2 points today (6-4), so that makes me a bit nervous...something to think about.

_IO

yes it was just indiana but you can see many instances in which smith was so much better, he was quicker to get back and launch a pass. when threatened he was DEFINITELY not afraid to run and was descent at it. also he has good vision of the field.

i think this is troy smith's first game as a starter sure it was only indiana but he looked a whole lot better than zwick and who knows maybe we need to hope that he might even get better with more experience on the field.

again, GJ buckeyes.

I always heard that Troy smith could run the ball well. Personally, while he got the usual lucky slow motion for some reason no one is tackling him OSU breaks he didn't impress me rushing at all. My friends all know him and been wanting him to get some PT, hope you guys start to become a force again woulda been no fun to play a rival that we could walk on :).

Originally posted by Rane:

I always heard that Troy smith could run the ball well. Personally, while he got the usual lucky slow motion for some reason no one is tackling him OSU breaks he didn't impress me rushing at all. My friends all know him and been wanting him to get some PT, hope you guys start to become a force again woulda been no fun to play a rival that we could walk on :).

you are an idiot, really.

i agree...Pittman and Smith are doing well, and while everyone will say "well it was just Indiana"...if we had Zwick and Ross in, we probably still would've won, but not by the same margin.

i'm anxious to see if Tressel learned anything today, and might not be as hesitant about playing them

I think your defense just played well, I watched the game with my g/f since she likes osu and I like mich I watch her games and root against osu and vice versa.

In all seriousness your QB had like 160 yards passing right? 60 of that was on one play that should have been an interception. Your team seemed more fired up but it didn't seem like you had any more offense. What do I know, I don't like OSU maybe I am biased.

I forgot to tape the game, but made it home in time from Norwalk to see the highlights. Wow! The Smith/Pittman duo is much better than Zwick/Ross.

Yes it's Indiana, but you can see the talent, the changes, and they did things right. I didn't see Pittman stumble straight into the defensive line, he moved towards the outside and found holes. I didn't see Smith fumble, throw an interception, or run backwards and get sacked. He made a few good passes, and gained some rushing yards himself when needed, like Krenzel.

If they don't start next week, I'll find Tressel and kick him in the nuts.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by The_Wang_Of_Fury:

Smith is really bad at overthrowing the deep ball

+millions. he over threw alot of them that would have been REALLY big plays and a few for touchdowns

Originally posted by The_Wang_Of_Fury:

Smith is really bad at overthrowing the deep ball

Originally posted by Big Slick AK:

+millions. he over threw alot of them that would have been REALLY big plays and a few for touchdowns

At least Smith's passes somewhat resembled spirals; I'd take them over Zwick's wounded ducks any day.

And maybe you should be reminded of the bullet Smith threw Holmes in the corner of the endzone for the second TD of the day? That was Brett Favre-like.

Also, I liked how Smith actually looked at receivers other than Holmes. Unlike Zwick, who seems to think that if Holmes isn't open on a route, then he should fall down and take a sack.

It was great to see a running back (read: Pittman) run outside the tackles - he showed that he has a good deal of speed to make it to corner and cut it upfield.