problems holding relationships because they cant take hearing about cars..

Guest nixon

When I started dating my fiance, she didn't know anything about cars. I thought for sure she was going to get tired of me talking about cars. But, she accepted it and would listen, but wouldn't be able to discuss car related stuff.

She has an obsession with Longaberger Baskets, so when she talked about those, I just nodded along and let her talk about them.

She is now at the point where if she sees a riced out car, she shakes her head in shame and says "ricer"... LMAO!! She is also at the point where if she sees a Mustang, LS1, or whatever on the road beside her, she will roll her window down to listen to the exhaust to see if it sounds good. I'm so proud of her; it brings a tear to my eye.

With her having the obsession with the baskets, I have learned a little bit about them. I am able to name some of them.

Anyhow, when people are in relationships, they BOTH need to listen to each other, no matter what the subject is. If you don't know enough to talk about it, just listen. That's all they ask for.

If a woman truely loves you for who you are, then she will listen to you, but you have to do the same for her.

Guest Spyder550
I've been told to STFU a few times... Even some of the "car guys" I hang out with can't take it. Mostly, girls just seem to zone out and smile and nod. redface.gif

Originally posted by 97Z:

Black itr guy, stop lying. we know you're not into girls. And what about cars do you talk about? that type-R? that's no car, it's a toy.

i see you finally got on thats good graemlins/asshole.gifgraemlins/finger.gif

Originally posted by DramaQueen:

hmm sounds like your life is one tracked focused on cars. is that what your life consists only of.

if all you worry about is material things then something is wrong.

id never boar anyone with a conversation they are not interested.

the key to a good relationship wether a friend or lover is to conversate in things both you are interested.

another thing is to consider dont just boar them talking about you, that boars them as well wether its your car, your muscles, your money, your coolness etc.

focus on the things that matter.

i tell you some men are so ignorant when it comes to woman. maybe thats why some many guys like mindless woman.

talk with them not to them, be slow to speek eager to listen. Most woman love to talk about goals and future plans in life. if your only living or thinking about for today, you will always have problems

Dr. Laura in that you? j/k

Originally posted by Spyder550:

I've been told to STFU a few times... Even some of the "car guys" I hang out with can't take it. Mostly, girls just seem to zone out and smile and nod. redface.gif

but you dont drive F bodies, you drive Porsches...vintage ones at that. A girl will shut up and bend over backwards (and forwards) for a porsche owner, not owners of commoner cars like us. tongue.gif

Evil peter wrong

Supra Glue right

graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by SupraGlue:

You gotta keep your woman happy, because if you don't, some other guy will. True story. ;)

Ain't that the truth.

Guest h23it
If cars are a huge part of your life you are going to talk about them regardless if you're significant other is into them or can even stand them. Its just a give take situation. I know when I'm with other car guys a lot of the time we get carried away and completely forget that there are women around, and the girlfriends can get very bored. But when I'm around women alone the conversation rarely goes to cars and sticks there... I guess what I'm saying is you have to be understanding of what the other person likes/dislikes, but you can't completely change yourself for them. Also, you have to know how to sway the conversation, because I know most of the girls I've dated have been able to get my mind off of cars and sway the conversation to something else I can be interested in and they can enjoy talking about, and I typically do the same if they start on shopping or fashion or something else I have no clue about.

Originally posted by h23it:

If cars are a huge part of your life you are going to talk about them regardless if you're significant other is into them or can even stand them. Its just a give take situation. I know when I'm with other car guys a lot of the time we get carried away and completely forget that there are women around, and the girlfriends can get very bored. But when I'm around women alone the conversation rarely goes to cars and sticks there... I guess what I'm saying is you have to be understanding of what the other person likes/dislikes, but you can't completely change yourself for them. Also, you have to know how to sway the conversation, because I know most of the girls I've dated have been able to get my mind off of cars and sway the conversation to something else I can be interested in and they can enjoy talking about, and I typically do the same if they start on shopping or fashion or something else I have no clue about.

now who let Dr. Phil in on this?

whos next oprah

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

But you're already taken... :(;)

-Marc

graemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gif

Originally posted by RX7dood:

graemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gifgraemlins/leghump.gif

Hater. tongue.gif

-Marc

ps- Ryan, tell Drew to call me...I think I programed the wrong number into my phone.