eminem vs. bush

street pilot

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

What's wrong with Eminem?

-Marc

Everything?

(standard reply) "But he's a lyrical genious!"

But he talks constantly about killing the mother of his child.

and his mother.

and gay people.

and causing violence.

and using drugs.

WOW! This is EXACTLY what society needs!

Trivia question - what did eminem do to be put on probation within the last few years?

assault with a deadly weapon.. Whats your point with that? Not like he is alone in the music scene being in trouble with the law.

By posting this I was merely spreading the video as entertainment. I am an Eminem fan, and have been for quite some time. I think the video is pretty good, aside from the fact that I dont agree with everything he portrays.

One of the things I like about this artist is that he is still passionate with his music. A couple of his songs got a bit gay and off track, and as a fan I was worried he was selling out. Then this hits. He is speaking his mind, and yes he is a lyrical genious. tongue.gif

Orion and BracketRacer13:

You guys should refer to this article:

http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1156835,00.html

[ 30. October 2004, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Innocuous ]

Originally posted by Innocuous:

assault with a deadly weapon.. Whats your point with that? Not like he is alone in the music scene being in trouble with the law.

That is my entire point. How many people do you know that have assault with a deadly weapon on their rap sheet? If the answer is anything above zero, what kind of people are they? I'm willing to bet they aren't exactly the most upstanding members of society.

Sure, other musicians have problems with the law. Take Scott Weiland for example. He keeps having, umm, lets see, DRUG offenses because he can't stay clean. It's an addiction. BUT, he's not going out doing VIOLENT crimes. Which Eminem HAS, and he ADVOCATES through his music. JUST LIKE the Gangsta rappers from the early 90's. That movement was rather popular at the time, and now it's dead. But only after some of the big players found themselves murdered for it. Does that make sense to you? The only rapper that survived the musical transition was Snoop, and that's because he changed his sound entirely.

So where does Eminem fit into all of this? He might not be gangsta, but he tries to act tough. Why? Because growing up, he got the shit knocked out of him on a daily basis by EVERYONE. Now that he thinks he's all tough, and has some people to back him in a fight (D12), no one else cares about that stupid high school shit anymore. So he picks fights with other rappers. That's how the "assault with a deadly weapon" thing came to be. He threatened another rap group with a gun outside a nightclub.

What a douche

Originally posted by Orion:

unimpressive.

hitler was a charismatic genious, but that didnt justify his political standpoints.

Hitler was fucking brilliant. He was one of the greatest speakers since ancient Rome. He was VOTED into power, and everyone loved him. Children loved him, and were happily joining the Hitler youth.

None of that changes the fact that he killed a LOT of people (hmm, kinda like Saddam, only no one likes Saddam).