NFL Championships

Guest GoEagles93

Guest GoEagles93
Whats the predictions in the Championships this weekend and next?Me personaly I am taking the Eagles all the way to the Superbowl and then playing the patriots, and wining.

Originally posted by dark horse:

steelers wont make it past New england....and i know they beat them during the year BUT playoffs is a totally different game. The steelers should be watching the game and the jets should be playing the pats

Not to mention the Pats didn't have Corey Dillon the first time around either.

No one in this round has seen/been tested on a player such as Michael Vick. I think Atlanta will squeeze by the Eagles, considering McNabb's less-than-stellar performance recently. The Falcon secondary is going to have quite the time with Mitchell and Pinkston though.

The Steelers will lose. Farrior and Polumalu will be rendered useless by Dillon, and coming off some embarassing performances will motivate the O-line of NE. Defensively, Burress was shut down by a 5'10" guy against the Jets, so the secondary should be fine. New England has proven that it has quite a bit of depth in the secondary, seeing as the #1 single season touchdown passer didn't get a single one against them. If McGinest, Bruschi and Vrabel can keep their act together against the power game of Bettis and Staley, the Pats will come away with the W.

As for the Super Bowl, I'm saying NE over Atlanta, but not by much. Maybe Vinatieri will pull one out of his ass again, or something miraculous like that. Bruschi and Vrabel do a very good job of reading/watching the QB, and their smaller size allows them to be more nimble against the agile Vick. The ATL passing game is a joke, and their defense will have a tough time reading the Belichick offense. Speaking of which, I failed to mention that Belichick is a genius and ALWAYS wins; it is simply up to his team to put that genius to work on the field.

i don't like any of the teams left, but if i have to choose i would have to go with the steelers!

they have already beat-up on the pats, "corey isn't goin to make that huge of a difference to the steelers very good defense" and they destroyed the eagles too! i belive it will probably be the steelers and the eagles with the steelers winning by at least a touchdown!

mike vick is goin to terrorize the eagles but....he cannot do it by himself and warrick dunn and tj duckett won't get far against the eagle's defense, and where is their recieving core? he has a good wr in pearless price and rookie mike jenkins but all he ever seems to throw to is alge crumpler!

Originally posted by 10xworse:

No one in this round has seen/been tested on a player such as Michael Vick. I think Atlanta will squeeze by the Eagles, considering McNabb's less-than-stellar performance recently. The Falcon secondary is going to have quite the time with Mitchell and Pinkston though.

The Steelers will lose. Farrior and Polumalu will be rendered useless by Dillon, and coming off some embarassing performances will motivate the O-line of NE. Defensively, Burress was shut down by a 5'10" guy against the Jets, so the secondary should be fine. New England has proven that it has quite a bit of depth in the secondary, seeing as the #1 single season touchdown passer didn't get a single one against them. If McGinest, Bruschi and Vrabel can keep their act together against the power game of Bettis and Staley, the Pats will come away with the W.

As for the Super Bowl, I'm saying NE over Atlanta, but not by much. Maybe Vinatieri will pull one out of his ass again, or something miraculous like that. Bruschi and Vrabel do a very good job of reading/watching the QB, and their smaller size allows them to be more nimble against the agile Vick. The ATL passing game is a joke, and their defense will have a tough time reading the Belichick offense. Speaking of which, I failed to mention that Belichick is a genius and ALWAYS wins; it is simply up to his team to put that genius to work on the field.

Most intelligent NFL post I have read on this board... Good job.