Old books

Bgbdbn

Grand Veiw Mercantile co. on high street has a good stock of old leather books, you could check with them.

There's more that goes into old book value then a date and condition. There are many editions, and, writing inside the book can raise or lower its value. So an apraiser would be best.

What have you got? I collect old leatherbond books. If it's not 130+ years old, its just not old. tongue.gif

ohh, famous book, too. Does it mention the print run of books in it anywhere? Red all the stuff that isn't a story, make note of numbers and dates, etc etc.

My oldest book is a surveying book, printed in 1792. Got a few pages of notes and sketches in it, written in old ink, old cursive style.

I've got a bunch of old books that my wife and I found in her great grandparents attic. I've got a 1868 United States History school book. The last entry talks about the "Linclon Assination" Pretty cool readings. Some others from the 1870's and others from around that period.

Tenzig

The only info I can find in the book is where it was printed Macmillan & Co., London and a little about the book in the back that reads "Through the looking glass and what alice found there. with 50 illustrations by Tenniel. (first published in 1871.) Crown 8vo, cloth, price 2s 6d. fifteenth thousand." not sure what the last little bit means.

Ponti-yacker

That is pretty cool. Does the history book say what school it is from? Kinda neat what you find in attics sometimes.

This is the first old book that I have. I bought it on ebay from England for a Christmas present and was looking at it wondering if it was worth something. If it is I may get this person something else for Christmas.