IQ Tests

04r1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, funny how all of the people taking the test are falling in the 130+ range. The only thing an IQ test measures is the ability to do well on an IQ test. I did the Mensa thing, hence my handle, and didn't want to pay the $54 per year. High IQ's are overrated.

Originally posted by Mensan:

Hmm, funny how all of the people taking the test are falling in the 130+ range. The only thing an IQ test measures is the ability to do well on an IQ test. I did the Mensa thing, hence my handle, and didn't want to pay the $54 per year. High IQ's are overrated.

no doubt, with you and mark in the garage, it was me coming up with all the good ideas. wierd, huh?

156 on the one Ant posted.

The one Tina posted I've done quite a few times, the most accurate one being 135. Did you get a 155 on that one Tina, or the one Ant posted? If it was on the one you posted, then DAMN! 'Cause I know like all the answers to that one and the best I could get was a 140 or somethin like that.

Guest FuelforFire
Originally posted by StockV6:

Has anyone taken an IQ test before? Just wanted to know what a good score would be.

EVeryone is given an IQ test when they are young, you just may not know it...ask your doctor for the results, or you can have one taken again. I think I was in the high 90s? but I may be wrong.....I don't remember it exactally

Guest FuelforFire
On the one Tina posted, I got a 127 on my first try...I did NOT use a calculator or pencil and paper, and I did NOT ask anyone else for help. What really chaps my ass is that there are other IQ tests on here and people are talking about like 160s and 150s....which are from different tests, but I didn't realize that at first...I felt dumb lol

When I was in 5th grade they started up a gifted program at my school. I had to take an IQ test, and of course it was changed so the score reflected my age (so a 170 at that age would not = a 170 on one of those tests) After taking the test they came back to me and said I got a 139, and that was too low for their program.

Guest Elinar Longsight

I took several IQ test during my school yrs. The first was in 3rd grade and I scored a 152. the second was in 6th grade and I scored 148. The last was in 9th grade and I scored a 167. The test I posted was the closest I could find to the actual test they give people. Unfortunately, the test Anthony posted has a serious flaw. I took it twice and the score difference was outragous. I gave the same answers but took 5 mins less, and I went from a retard to a genius.

These were posted mostly for fun, and your IQ score just shows people what potential you have. Take some chill pills, both of these test have flaws, but one is slightly more accurate then the other, neither should be taken as fact unless you have been tested and know were you have been tested at.

Originally posted by Ambrosia:

I think IQ test are crap, they measure your potential not actual, its been proven that many people have exceeded their potential.

No, IQ tests do, in fact, measure your actual abilities, not your potential. Like Where the Wild Things Are, you'll need to remain silent for the remainder of this thread. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Elinar Longsight:

Unfortunately, the test Anthony posted has a serious flaw. I took it twice and the score difference was outragous. I gave the same answers but took 5 mins less, and I went from a retard to a genius.

Why is that such a terrible flaw? If you and I both get the correct answer to a problem, but you did it quick enough to go take a shit before I was done, who do you think is smarter? If you take that test and take a half hour to do it, that doesn't really show that your smart. The questions aren't finite math or something, they're just word problems. The faster you can figure them out, the smarter you are. A 12 year old can probably figure out most of the answers correctly just in a much longer period of time. Does that make him as smart as those of us that can do it 4 times faster?

Guest Elinar Longsight

The flaw was the rating system and the fact that the differnce was HUGE, not just 20-30 points but 70-90. The answers were all correct (except maybe 2)So nobody who gets that many correct should score below average, even if it takes 10 mins to do them. Now if it had been average or above average, the 5 min difference would be acceptable but not below average to genius. Do you get my point? Plus, a real IQ test tests several parts of a person's brain. That test was mostly math, hardly any visual problems and no problems that test your ability to comprehend language(meaning none that say a gibberish word and gives it to you in a sentence and you have to figure out the meaning.) So people who have higher math skills and or speed reading with comprehension will score higher on that test, than someone who is better at visual comprehension etc...

Plus do you honestly believe the number of geniuses we have on here if that test were accurate? I would believe a high number of above average people but not geniuses.

Originally posted by Venomss:

No, IQ tests do, in fact, measure your actual abilities, not your potential. Like Where the Wild Things Are, you'll need to remain silent for the remainder of this thread. Thanks in advance.

Apparently you didnt read what i had posted earlier. I will reiterate. "The only thing an IQ test measures is the ability to do well on an IQ test." So, I think it is you who should remain silent. Thanks. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Mensan:

Apparently you didnt read what i had posted earlier. I will reiterate. "The only thing an IQ test measures is the ability to do well on an IQ test." So, I think it is you who should remain silent. Thanks. graemlins/thumb.gif

No, I read it, and I ignored it. It's really not that difficult to ignore you. Besides, responding to you is pointless: you already know it all.

Originally posted by Elinar Longsight:

The flaw was the rating system and the fact that the differnce was HUGE, not just 20-30 points but 70-90. The answers were all correct (except maybe 2)So nobody who gets that many correct should score below average, even if it takes 10 mins to do them. Now if it had been average or above average, the 5 min difference would be acceptable but not below average to genius. Do you get my point? Plus, a real IQ test tests several parts of a person's brain. That test was mostly math, hardly any visual problems and no problems that test your ability to comprehend language(meaning none that say a gibberish word and gives it to you in a sentence and you have to figure out the meaning.) So people who have higher math skills and or speed reading with comprehension will score higher on that test, than someone who is better at visual comprehension etc...

Plus do you honestly believe the number of geniuses we have on here if that test were accurate? I would believe a high number of above average people but not geniuses.

Didn't know the difference was THAT large, so in that case it is kinda gay. I don't think so many people on here are geniouses, but I do think that if you can get the same answers in a quicker amount of time, you're smarter. Plain and simple.